Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel if you went to a babyshower and then found out....

Posted by   + Show Post
That this is the girls 4th one for the same baby...so I'm not a huge fan of one of my best friends wives. Him and I have been really close since high-school, so whatever I am nice to her because I know how much he loves her. So I was really excited when I was invited to her baby shower. She was registered at baby R us, and most of the things she picked were very expensive. I ended up spending about 80$ on her gift. So while I'm at the baby shower I over heard someone say " I don't know where she is even going to put all her gift, this is the 4th shower she has had." I casually ask my friend and he said yep, one for family, one for work friends, one for her friends, one for his friends. I was kinda shocked, I have never heard of that before. Also I don't have a lot of money and I wanted to help them out, if I would have known this was her 4th shower I wouldn't have spent so much..but nothing I can do now. How would you have felt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Most people have one and invite all of those people, does it make a difference that she did it separate?
I had two, one for friends from school, and one for family and friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sylv.the.Wine-O

Oh, whatever. I'm celebrating this new baby.

mysonsmom99
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM
My ex sd had a lot too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I wouldn't have thought anything about it. I had three for my first baby. My family back home hosted a drop in tea, my old church held one, gifts were mailed to me after the parties. And my friends where DH was stationed threw one for me. Hell I also had three wedding showers. It's totally normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firsttimemum91

wow! hehe! at least she will get everything she needs for the baby.. i think its ok to have a shower for each baby, not only for the first, but to have four showers for one baby is a bit to much imo... hehehe.. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

4 WOW !! I can see 2... family and co workers but 4 ???? christ. One lucky SOB.

C-Leigh
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a lot of showers.
mrimom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Would it make a difference if she had just 1 shower and invited everyone to that shower?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I think that's ridiculous and greedy. I would take the gift back and not go to the baby shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

luckily for me, my friends aren't tacky like that.  my good friend had a baby 17 years after she had her last one (she was a teen mom) and we had to force her to let us throw her a shower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN