Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel if you went to a babyshower and then found out....

Posted by   + Show Post
That this is the girls 4th one for the same baby...so I'm not a huge fan of one of my best friends wives. Him and I have been really close since high-school, so whatever I am nice to her because I know how much he loves her. So I was really excited when I was invited to her baby shower. She was registered at baby R us, and most of the things she picked were very expensive. I ended up spending about 80$ on her gift. So while I'm at the baby shower I over heard someone say " I don't know where she is even going to put all her gift, this is the 4th shower she has had." I casually ask my friend and he said yep, one for family, one for work friends, one for her friends, one for his friends. I was kinda shocked, I have never heard of that before. Also I don't have a lot of money and I wanted to help them out, if I would have known this was her 4th shower I wouldn't have spent so much..but nothing I can do now. How would you have felt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3monkeesmama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

that's the beauty of registering, no duplicate gifts! Plus if moneys tight a new mom can never have enough diapers, onesies, inexpensive outfits, etc... no one says you HAVE to get something from the registry.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh FFS, she had two choices. She could either have separate showers for each group or one shower with all groups invited. What would be the difference?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christine0813
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Four showers, for one baby is greedy.

AmyG1976
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM

so she should of had one with all those ppl at it? would that make a difference in the end nope. lol not greedy you dont ask for showers and beg ppl to attend those throwing them want to do it. I threw my sister one I believe someone else did too I was not upset someone else wanted to give her one instead of all coming to the one I had in fact lol it was less ppl I had to pay to feed and what not.

Quoting 3xangel:

How is having 4 baby showers NOT being greedy? <---- don't answer that. I don't feel like going back and forth about it. I think it's being greedy and you don't. Different opinions.

Quoting bluesky51201:

How is it greedy? People choose to throw showers, no one is forced. It seems like each person was only invited to one so its not grabby. I had three showers and felt blessed and loved that so many people wanted to celebrate our baby. Two of them were groups back home that took it upon themselves to have a party and give my baby things even though I couldn't be there.

Quoting 3xangel:

I think that's ridiculous and greedy. I would take the gift back and not go to the baby shower.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

singlemom1208
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I wouldn't have cared. I had two showers. One at work and one with friends and family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM

you would be pissed at whom her? because you spent money on her then found out a lot of other ppl did too? thats silly lol. 50-70 ppl at one wow someone could say that was greedy and get pissed. Every one I have been too was 20-25 ppl at it..

Quoting Meg48626:

Seems to me, she's awfully greedy, just looking for gifts. I mean how many work, family and friends does she have that she needed to have that many showers? I combined everyone into one shower, had about 50-70 people. And me personally, I would hate to have so many showers..they are so exhausting! But $80 is crazy, I wouldve been pissed, that's a lot of money.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

It isn't unheard of, but at some point I think it's quite tacky. I think when you bypass 2 showers it crosses the line into the tacky zone for me.

tarakay0417
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM
My sister had 2 showers with her youngest son. One for her family in Tn and one for her DH's family in Alabama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tina08mommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I only had one baby shower. I can't imagine having 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured