Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still no first date!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Would you continue to talk to a guy who after 6 months still has never taken you on a date? He works, and its not a money or time thing.  He just seems to never want to go out.  He will come over to watch movies, but that is about it, nothing else. He does not even order take out or  just stop off somewhere and bring dinner with him.  I am pretty much bored out of my mind and I have talk to him about this to no end, he says be patient and we will eventually go out on a real date, but so far there has been nothing and unless I bring it up he does not even mention going out.  What would you do and what would you say to him as far as ending the friendship? We are two very grown people and he claims to have feeliings for me but I am not content with just sitting on the couch.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty068
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:23 AM

BUMP!

becoffman2012
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Dump him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I've been on one proper date my whole life, and have never been on a date with my husband :)

SOCO101
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:31 AM
3 moms liked this

If you're already bored with the relationship, I wouldn't put any more time or effort into it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:32 AM
He obviously isn't trying to impress you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Have you given him any?

GoneBad31
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Maybe he is the type that just doesn't like to go out? I know a couple of people like that.

On the other hand, I was in this situation before myself and it didn't turn out so good. I was dating this guy and he never wanted to go anywhere or do anything. Come to find out, it was because he had pissed off and ripped off so many people he didn't like being out in public for fear of getting his ass beat. Then a friend of mine went through this and he never took her out because he had another girlfriend my friend didn't know about and he was afraid that if they went out he would get caught.

And I am not trying to be nosey, but are you sexually active with him? If so, he may not be looking at you as a person to take out, but as a booty call.  You don't have to answer that, it is just something for you to think about.

GoneBad31
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I agree. I dated a guy once that was so boring he sucked the fun right out of anything we tried to do. He was a nice guy so I tried to stick it out, but after a year I just couldn't take anymore.

Quoting SOCO101:

If you're already bored with the relationship, I wouldn't put any more time or effort into it.

I am a *don't really give a damn what you think* and *couldn't care less how you discipline and feed your kids/babies* and *pro-mind your own business* type of mom. Oh, and a very devoted and loving girlfriend:)

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:40 AM
So dump him if you're bored all ready
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaelle88
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Take him out... make him meet you somewhere. I've had to make my own arrangements with my boyfriend, then he started seeing how good of a time he was having so now its a weekly thing, date night on Saturdays :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)