Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still no first date!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you continue to talk to a guy who after 6 months still has never taken you on a date? He works, and its not a money or time thing.  He just seems to never want to go out.  He will come over to watch movies, but that is about it, nothing else. He does not even order take out or  just stop off somewhere and bring dinner with him.  I am pretty much bored out of my mind and I have talk to him about this to no end, he says be patient and we will eventually go out on a real date, but so far there has been nothing and unless I bring it up he does not even mention going out.  What would you do and what would you say to him as far as ending the friendship? We are two very grown people and he claims to have feeliings for me but I am not content with just sitting on the couch.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Quoting JadedFaerie:

I've been on one proper date my whole life, and have never been on a date with my husband :)

Wow I have never heard of such  a thing, is it that you do not like going out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quoting milly88:

me and my fiance has the same relationship. but im a person who doesnt like to go out and be in group settings or anything. we have been together for over a year and a half and gone on i believe 3 dinner dates that we didnt really see as dates.

Yes, but at least you have been out somewhere at some point in the relationship.  Do you go to the mall, or the park, museum or anywhere else, we have never been out anywhere, not even a walk.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I hope you are not sleeping with him! Girl its just dating. After 6 months you should know if he is worth it. If not keep it moving. Whats the point of staying if you are not happy with him or the relationship! No kids, no marriage? Find someone who wines and dines and makes you feel special.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was thinking he was married too....sounds fishy....even my home body husband goes out occasionally

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Well I thought it was a pretty valid question...many men have done this to women. It's pretty odd to have zero outings in 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL gotta love Cafemom.... lol... there's always someone jumping to those conclusions.  lol maybe he's a perfectly nice guy that just wants a female friend he can talk to and she wants more. Pretty classic really.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Could it be possible that he is married/in a relationship and not taking you out on purpose? Hiding you? Just saying......

I wouldn't be with this person, especially if I was bored already. Time to move on.

He is the one always talking about an exclusive relationship, not me, and he wants to be more than friends, but I have never been to where he lives, he claims that he lives with an older aunt, and does not have company come to her house, I do not even have his address.

Rose87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:35 AM
This.

Does he have a REAL reason for not wanting to go out?

Quoting SOCO101:

If you're already bored with the relationship, I wouldn't put any more time or effort into it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:36 AM
That sounds fishy. I'd think he's already married OR in a relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was thinking he was married too....sounds fishy....even my home body husband goes out occasionally

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Well I thought it was a pretty valid question...many men have done this to women. It's pretty odd to have zero outings in 6 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL gotta love Cafemom.... lol... there's always someone jumping to those conclusions.  lol maybe he's a perfectly nice guy that just wants a female friend he can talk to and she wants more. Pretty classic really.

Quoting GomezMami2908:

Could it be possible that he is married/in a relationship and not taking you out on purpose? Hiding you? Just saying......

I wouldn't be with this person, especially if I was bored already. Time to move on.

He is the one always talking about an exclusive relationship, not me, and he wants to be more than friends, but I have never been to where he lives, he claims that he lives with an older aunt, and does not have company come to her house, I do not even have his address.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Quoting Rose87:

This.

Quoting SOCO101:

If you're already bored with the relationship, I wouldn't put any more time or effort into it.

Nope no real reason at all, only thing he keeps saying is be patient we will go out soon, and he has been saying that for 6 months now.

Rose87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Dump him. Something isn't right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

This.

Quoting SOCO101:

Nope no real reason at all, only thing he keeps saying is be patient we will go out soon, and he has been saying that for 6 months now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JadedFaerie:

I've been on one proper date my whole life, and have never been on a date with my husband :)

Wow I have never heard of such  a thing, is it that you do not like going out?

Oh no, we ;love going out, just never saw the point of dates.

-Chaotic-
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM
He just wants in your pants, lol.
Honestly just talk to him about it. If you're bored and unhappy you need to make the change or cut him loose and move on to a guy that actually works for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN