Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still no first date!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you continue to talk to a guy who after 6 months still has never taken you on a date? He works, and its not a money or time thing.  He just seems to never want to go out.  He will come over to watch movies, but that is about it, nothing else. He does not even order take out or  just stop off somewhere and bring dinner with him.  I am pretty much bored out of my mind and I have talk to him about this to no end, he says be patient and we will eventually go out on a real date, but so far there has been nothing and unless I bring it up he does not even mention going out.  What would you do and what would you say to him as far as ending the friendship? We are two very grown people and he claims to have feeliings for me but I am not content with just sitting on the couch.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Replies (51-51):
milly88
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

not really. he only took me to a movie because i was getting irrritated at him. he is someone who wants to go to more lively places like a bar or concerts and im more of a person who doesnt like to be around a whole bunch of people. plus also we just had a baby a week ago and during the pregnancy i was in alot of pain and was always busy and i still am but with a little bundle so im not looking to go do something that will last hours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting milly88:

me and my fiance has the same relationship. but im a person who doesnt like to go out and be in group settings or anything. we have been together for over a year and a half and gone on i believe 3 dinner dates that we didnt really see as dates.

Yes, but at least you have been out somewhere at some point in the relationship.  Do you go to the mall, or the park, museum or anywhere else, we have never been out anywhere, not even a walk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)