Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

uhmm seriously...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my family member wants me to watch her 10yr old(i think hes 10) son for 6weeks 3 days a week. She lives 20 minutes away. How much should i get paid in your opinion. Ill post what she said she would pay me after i get some opinions
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Replies (61-67):
lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM
That's nuts. Unless it was someone who was really in a bad situation, without a car or something, I'd watch the kid for free but they would have to bring the kid to my home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda357
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda357
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Nevermind I see you have to go there so I wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trisha234
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I wouldn't charge a family member. If it were not family, I guess 150 a week is reasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Yeah I wouldn't do it for that either. Family or not that's a lot of gas that won't cover.

Quoting Anonymous:

And she said 45 a week. Thats why im not doing it..that would barely cover food and gas. Plus her house dsnt have ac. So that wldnt be fun for me and my baby on hot days. I just wanted to see everyones opinions bc i thought it wasnt enough at all for the circumstances

Quoting Orionsgirl:

eww, not worth it then

Quoting Anonymous:

She said id have to drive to her house..thats mainly why its such an inconvenience

Quoting Orionsgirl:

$100/week. She drops off and picks up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I think in this situation, where you're not close with her, she expects you to go there and watch him, and she's wanting you to do this for $45/week, you were right to say no. Like you said, your a single mom so you need to make money to support your child and this would only cover the gas to get there and back.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Quoting CheesyKitty:

$100 a week

yeah thats what im currently getting for a friends little girl so I would say that would be reasoable expecially for that age of achild .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)