Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids are staying up SUPER late on a school night...

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

My daughter is having friends over (sisters) who are moving to California tomorrow.  It's 8:45, we just finished dinner, and they're having ice cream.  We'll walk them home when they're done, and then my son needs to take a bath, and my daughter needs to take a shower because they have school tomorrow!  It will probably be close to 10 by the time they're in bed and we will be up at 7:30 tomorrow morning!  Good thing I don't do this often or I would really deserve some bashing LOL!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Once in a while a great!! One of my boys stayed up u.til past ten twice last week for football practice. They were practicing for a special game. Sorry her friends are moving, though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmh4girls
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Ugh, same here! My girls' bedtime is 8, but we're having trouble getting them to sleep...they're going to be wrecks in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:56 PM
my kids bedtime is 10!!!!
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yikes!  What time do you go to bed?  I have to be in bed by 11 and hubby and I need our alone time so we make sure the kids are in bed by 9 on school nights!  Plus we get up at 7 and they need their sleep!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM
My kids are 17 15 and 14 and I go to bed around 10:30, my hubby drives a truck and he is only home Friday sat and sun!!! I also have a 4 month old he goes to bed around 8:30..... When they where younger they went to bed at 8:30 but now there older it's 10!!!

Quoting SunshneDaydream:

Yikes!  What time do you go to bed?  I have to be in bed by 11 and hubby and I need our alone time so we make sure the kids are in bed by 9 on school nights!  Plus we get up at 7 and they need their sleep!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bree0922
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:18 PM

10 isn't too bad!
I only have 1 kiddo in school right now, but there have been a few times that he has stayed up that late.

No harm done as long as it's not a regular thing :)

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yeah it really stinks :(  We just moved here 2 months ago and discovered this girl from Rayna's class lives RIGHT behind us.  They hit it off so well, they're like, perfect friends.  Now her mom is super sick and they have to move back to California to be closer to family.  So sad :(

Quoting itzmyzoo:

Once in a while a great!! One of my boys stayed up u.til past ten twice last week for football practice. They were practicing for a special game. Sorry her friends are moving, though!

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:16 AM
bump

MamaK313
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
What time does school start where you are? How are they able to get up at 7:30? Do they just get ready that quickly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM
I let my son stay up late sometimes... The rule is if he makes us late the next morning, no staying up late anymore... He hasn't made me late yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN