Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im unedumacated and i homescool

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got pregnant at the end of my junior year of high school and due to many unfortunate circumstances I left school. I was an A and B student and my best subjects were math and English. I was highly involved in the arts and took great pride in school. I absolutely loved learning new things. I am so tired of seeing these posts on homeschooling saying that you need to be educated to teach your children at home. Who are you to define educated? I never got my GED and at the moment I don't plan on it. My family is doing well and my children are ahead of most of the children they hang out with who go to regular school. None of my children are old enough for grade school. They are already ahead because I work with them. We also make great use of our daily lives and use things like looking at the rain clouds to teach them lessons. 

I have many college graduate friends I can't honestly hold an intelligent conversation with. I start speaking to them and their eyes glaze over. Are they more equipped to teach my children than I am? I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'm intelligent because I know I am. I'm also smart enough to realize that there may be a time when their schooling goes way past my ability. When that happens I will seek help from other homeschooling parents and/or tutors. I am not good at every thing but it'll be awhile before I have to worry about all of that. 

Okay now bash away. I know people are going to go through and dissect everything I have written and find something wrong. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

lol. Your child and everyone else's on CM. How do you know what reading level she is on? How do you know what a fourth grade reading level is? I taught first grade for many years and had some really advanced readers coming from kindergarten but none of them tested at a fourth grade reading level. I do believe you that she is advanced though. I think many kids are very successful when homeschooled. You don't need a college degree to homeschool. It is more about dedication. 

Quoting llanib:

I home-school as well and my 5 year old reads at a 4th grade level. She really doesn't start kindergarten until this fall, but is already ahead of her kindergarten friends in our neighborhood. None of them can read or do basic arithmetic. I do have a college degree though! I don't knock other people that are homeschooling without a college degree! I refuse to put my child into public school! I don't have the 20k a year for private school, so I figured I will do it myself! and will continue to do so!!!!eff what other people think!!!! do what YOU feel is best for YOUR children!!!!

Thank you.

Achromia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Ignorance means to be uninformed/ unaware. You dont seem informed or aware in most of your comments in here. Sorry, but its getting worse as you go.
Im guessing you have had many comments like this and made yourself look like a fool. That must be why just about every other comment towards an intelligent comment is about the other person trying to be superior and better than you.
Know it all university? Why am I not surprised over the elementary level comments?

Quoting iluv2meow:

Oh gee, maybe it's time for me to go run to my room and cry like a baby because Achromia is disappointed and doesn't like the way I associate or reply or discuss topics on CM....

You obviously do not know what ignorance means. But hey if it makes you feel better and helps you sleep tonight to run around and make yourself superior to others because apparently we all just don't get it. YOU KNOW IT ALL and probably hold a degree in KNOW IT ALL from KNOW IT ALL college or university.

*Claps my paws*

You are such an inspiration.

*yawns with boredom*

Quoting Achromia:

Wow! How can anyone have a serious conversation with you if you flip flop so much? What a waste of time!

All im seeing is ignorance and judgment in your replies. " hires illegals under the table"??. Wow! Just wow!

What a disappointment!!

Quoting iluv2meow:

First of all, I may be for online schooling one day, against it another day. Yes you will see me do both.

Secondly I call bullshit she works hard. I bet she hires illegals under the table.

Thirdly, I am glad you give her CREDIT, sadly I do not.

Quoting Anonymous:

wait a minute... A few days ago you were trashing people who took online course... make your mind up..

I think she farms all day because she knows what hard work is to make good money.. I give her a hell of a lot more credit busting her ass to contribute to the economy and her community.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Well you cant be FARMING all day if you are HOMESCHOOLING.

Seriously I think it is sad you make so many excuses why you cannot complete your education and even further your education. You'd rather spend your time arguing with people on CM then to take a few online courses... Sad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

LOL i love how you keep patting yourself on the back like you won a competition or something when you fail to realize I am laughing my ass off at your idiotic assumptions and conclusions.

Ignorance is YOU my friend. YOU are uniformed of my knowledge what I do know or don't know.

YOU are the one that unaware of what is real, not real, true, or not true.

Again I cannot help but sit here and laugh while you attempt to make yourself all "scholastic and intelligent" you remind me of OWL in Winnie the Pooh LOL. You think you know A LOT but you know very little.

Let me sum it up for you...

It is ignorant for someone to refuse to better themselves or attempt to further their education because they feel that what they have today, is going to still be there tomorrow. That my friend is not only ignorant, but naive as well.

Quoting Achromia:

Ignorance means to be uninformed/ unaware. You dont seem informed or aware in most of your comments in here. Sorry, but its getting worse as you go.
Im guessing you have had many comments like this and made yourself look like a fool. That must be why just about every other comment towards an intelligent comment is about the other person trying to be superior and better than you.
Know it all university? Why am I not surprised over the elementary level comments?

lalaboosh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Obviously everything I'm saying is soaring right over your head. Have a night night!

Quoting iluv2meow:

Really now? You obviously do not understand the difference between someone not agreeing with you verses they must not understand my point.

Girl I dont agree with you, I think your rambling replies is a bunch of BS. But that is me.

Quoting lalaboosh:

No, education is learning information. Obtaining degress and other credentials prove that you've learned certain things in certain ways. Being educated is being informed. Being FORMALLY educated means having credentials. I think it's funny how you didn't understand what I was saying. It makes me say wow right back atcha.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Wow I mean wow!

So now getting education is now proving self to other people and not just better themselves?

Wow.....

I get what you are saying but your theory is just so flawed and incorrect.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I think it's important to make a distinction between recieving credentials to prove your level of education and being educated. You can be educated without recognition. This woman is saying she does not need to prove to anyone her level of education or intellegence to be educated or intellegent. The GED does not educate, it tests knowledge. As far as I can tell this woman is successful, educated, and happy. She's setting a great example for her kids. We need to stop trying to define normal outside of science, because it does not exist. One person thrives in a house in the suburbs going to public school and climbing the corporate ladder. Another person thrives in a house in the country making what they need and learning what their heart seeks. Who are you to tell anyone that either lifestyle is less valid or normal? Just another freak, that's who. One of billions.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Don't forget the almighty attitude, I dont need no education or GED to be the BEST in this world.

I think the attitude is very sad considering one can always use more education, ALWAYS.

Quoting Mamaknowsbest26:

I find it quite odd that you are going to be educating your children and more than likely teaching them the value of education, while never having completed high school. I understand you got pregnant, had some issues and were likely left with no alternative, but there is no excuse to not have at least a GED. I think it send the wrong message to your children, and will only seem hypocritical of you. Just think of when your children are in the sophomore/junior year of high school and they start to lose interest in school. If one comes to you and says, "Why should I have to finish school, you never did?" How are you going to react to that?

Achromia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:04 AM
Lol, she did that on purpose for shits and giggles. She also left out the H in school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Knowing how to spell 'uneducated' helps a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Good night! Sweet dreams!

Quoting lalaboosh:

Obviously everything I'm saying is soaring right over your head. Have a night night!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Quoting Achromia:

Lol, she did that on purpose for shits and giggles. She also left out the H in school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Knowing how to spell 'uneducated' helps a lot.

Not to mention I didn't put an apostrophe in I'm.

lalaboosh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM

You're making a lot of assumptions here. When did OP state that she doesn't value education? Doesn't educating her kids kind of paint a different picture? OP said she didn't see the value of getting HER GED. She's established and doing well enough for herself. She also said she'd get help if her kids education needs grew past her ability to teach. Again, that shows me that she values education. Now as far as her buisness goes you're just speculating. You don't know anything about her education in buisness. She may very well have been raised by entrepeneurs and learned about buisness through hands on experience. She may have consultants to help her with aspects of her buisness that she's not comfortable handling. She may very well be running it into the ground. We just don't know. I think that if she'd rather not spend $80 on a test that will change nothing in her life in a practical way that's her choice and it's not a bad one. If she chooses to get it later to persue college then that's great. If she dies without it I doubt they'll be putting 'teen mom, high school dropout' on her tombstone. I bet it will say beloved wife and mother or something a little more relevant.

Quoting Salsacookies:

You can be educated without recognition, but no employer is going to take you seriously if you don't have proof of your efforts. I'm nearly done with my degree for a medical assistant. If I complete all my classes and don't do my externship, I'm still educated...I've learned how to do all the requirements of a medical assistant and have gotten nearly all A's in my classes, but nobody is going to hire me without proof of completing the program. The OP has stated that she runs her own business. Imagine how much more it could take off if she had a business or management degree. I, personally, would not feel comfortable teaching my children if I didn't graduate from high school. OP is nothing more than a high school dropout and teenage mother who thinks that higher education is worthless.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I think it's important to make a distinction between recieving credentials to prove your level of education and being educated. You can be educated without recognition. This woman is saying she does not need to prove to anyone her level of education or intellegence to be educated or intellegent. The GED does not educate, it tests knowledge. As far as I can tell this woman is successful, educated, and happy. She's setting a great example for her kids. We need to stop trying to define normal outside of science, because it does not exist. One person thrives in a house in the suburbs going to public school and climbing the corporate ladder. Another person thrives in a house in the country making what they need and learning what their heart seeks. Who are you to tell anyone that either lifestyle is less valid or normal? Just another freak, that's who. One of billions.

Quoting iluv2meow:

Don't forget the almighty attitude, I dont need no education or GED to be the BEST in this world.

I think the attitude is very sad considering one can always use more education, ALWAYS.

Quoting Mamaknowsbest26:

I find it quite odd that you are going to be educating your children and more than likely teaching them the value of education, while never having completed high school. I understand you got pregnant, had some issues and were likely left with no alternative, but there is no excuse to not have at least a GED. I think it send the wrong message to your children, and will only seem hypocritical of you. Just think of when your children are in the sophomore/junior year of high school and they start to lose interest in school. If one comes to you and says, "Why should I have to finish school, you never did?" How are you going to react to that?

Achromia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM
This is you flip flopping again, isnt it? Only its a different form of flipping. Before you flipped your opinion on a subject. Now you are flipping the subject itself like that was the subject between you and I the whole time.
I know, you are talking to several people at once. So, ill just chalk it up as you getting confused between conversations with others. That and its late.
Speaking of which, its way past bedtime. Besides, the conversation is getting extra absurd. I can only handle so much crazy for one night and you have exceeded my limit.
Quoting iluv2meow:

LOL i love how you keep patting yourself on the back like you won a competition or something when you fail to realize I am laughing my ass off at your idiotic assumptions and conclusions.

Ignorance is YOU my friend. YOU are uniformed of my knowledge what I do know or don't know.

YOU are the one that unaware of what is real, not real, true, or not true.

Again I cannot help but sit here and laugh while you attempt to make yourself all "scholastic and intelligent" you remind me of OWL in Winnie the Pooh LOL. You think you know A LOT but you know very little.

Let me sum it up for you...

It is ignorant for someone to refuse to better themselves or attempt to further their education because they feel that what they have today, is going to still be there tomorrow. That my friend is not only ignorant, but naive as well.

Quoting Achromia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Awesome meow.

Sweet dreams!

Quoting Achromia:

This is you flip flopping again, isnt it? Only its a different form of flipping. Before you flipped your opinion on a subject. Now you are flipping the subject itself like that was the subject between you and I the whole time.
I know, you are talking to several people at once. So, ill just chalk it up as you getting confused between conversations with others. That and its late.
Speaking of which, its late and way past bedtime. Besides, the conversation is getting extra absurd. I can only handle so much crazy for one night and you have exceeded my limit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN