Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cannot stand it

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 252 Replies
9 moms liked this

When people choose to smoke right beside me. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. As soon as I breathe it in, my stomach starts to turn and I feel like I don't want to breathe in.  Even breathing in smoke for a short time will cause me to cough and hack for a couple of days.

Just today, I was trying to put groceries in my car and this guy lit up right by me while he was putting groceries into his car and I had to breathe it in the entire time.  Yuck.  I just wish people would be more respectful when they are in public places and there are people right by them.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I agree. I am allergic to it and have trouble breathing and my chest breaks out in a rash. 

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Uggg, that would suck even worse. I don't know what my deal is.  Sometimes I think it may be a psychological reaction because my dad smoked so much and I hated the smell of it.  It makes me feel nauseous.  All I know is when I do choose to go to a bar or concert or something that has smoking, I will be hacking up stuff for days.  I wonder if my lungs are more sensitive from exposure as a kid or something. Who knows.  I would just rather avoid it all together for the most part, but sometimes that is where the fun is...lol.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

I agree. I am allergic to it and have trouble breathing and my chest breaks out in a rash. 

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Ugh same here it makes me wanna vomit on top I'm pregnant and have asthma :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I'm not bothered by public places or when someone is outside and I'm passing them. My FIL and SMIL on the other hand!!!...my gosh they smoke like chimneys and I'm pregnant so it's 50 trillion times worse now. They don't even care either. I'll be sitting next to FIL and he'll just light up his NON FILTERED cigs right there. Disgusts me...and I used to smoke!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:05 AM

That IS annoying.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM
8 moms liked this
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...move? Or tell them it bothers you and ask if they could move? I smoke and anytime someone has POLITELY asked me to move I did. Most of the time I'm too busy to notice anyone is even around me. But when people are shitty about it............its on like donkey kong. I'll be nice as long as others are nice. So if I light up around you...just ask me nicely to put it out because the smoke bothers you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
and....
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

The NEXT time someone does some 'ish like that...... Just fires up a shit stick & starts puffing, TRY WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT and JUST RIP a loud, cheesy tune from "Anus and the Pure Funk Band" and IF  Mr. or Mrs. Yuck Mouth have the nerve to look at you, tell'em if they can disrespect you by smoking--you can disrespect them by tootin' a tune!!!

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It is kind of hard to move when you have a cart full of groceries that you are trying to put in your car. Do I leave my cart unattended, pull my car a few rows over and then walk back to get my cart?

I am not going to ask some stranger to put out their cigarette. You may be nice about it, but some people are fucking crazy. This guy looked like he had crazy potential.

Quoting dbush0584:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...move? Or tell them it bothers you and ask if they could move? I smoke and anytime someone has POLITELY asked me to move I did. Most of the time I'm too busy to notice anyone is even around me. But when people are shitty about it............its on like donkey kong. I'll be nice as long as others are nice. So if I light up around you...just ask me nicely to put it out because the smoke bothers you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM
5 moms liked this

when i was a smoker, i assumed if i was outside and a decent ways away people couldn't smell it... after i quit boy did i learn how wrong i was. 

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
6 moms liked this
Are you talking about farting? I feel like I need some LSD to understand.

Quoting and....:

The NEXT time someone does some 'ish like that...... Just fires up a shit stick & starts puffing, TRY WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT and JUST RIP a loud, cheesy tune from "Anus and the Pure Funk Band" and IF  Mr. or Mrs. Yuck Mouth have the nerve to look at you, tell'em if they can disrespect you by smoking--you can disrespect them by tootin' a tune!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)