Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your husband found out late in life he got an ex pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
1 mom liked this
Would you stay would you be apart of the child's life? This happened before you. And the child is like 9 or something and he never knew till now.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM
26 moms liked this
That child would be welcomed in our home as a family member and I would support and encourage dh to become as active a part of the child's life as would be healthy for the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby2zacharias
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

That child would be welcomed in our home as a family member and I would support and encourage dh to become as active a part of the child's life a world be healthy for the child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM
no clue :-( would never date a man with children so it would depend on the child and the mother I can't take to much bs so if it was drama filled probably not it would weigh a lot jmi
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM
The reason I ask is my friend is was the child. She tried to contact the biological father and his wife told her off and said her mom was a slut in high school and not to contact them again. So I was curious how many people would react like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

It's a very real possibility for us. DH has an ex, from a long time before I met him. He was never sure if it was his or not, the whole pregnancy she said it wasn't, and then changed her mind a few days after the birth.

CheesyKitty
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

But that's a perk of us marrying our 1st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katielk07
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this!!!

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

That child would be welcomed in our home as a family member and I would support and encourage dh to become as active a part of the child's life as would be healthy for the child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Sounds like some thing I heard when I was younger but sadly the child didn't show up till she was 18 and her dad had married an had 4 other kids. Tore the family a part because the marriage happen when the baby was 7 months old and the wife and husband had been dating for 2 years prior to the wedding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM
4 moms liked this

This happened to us!!  My husband and I had been together for 3 years when we found out about a son that was 5 years old.  We tried for years to see him and get to know him, his mother wasn't having it.  Long story short, we didn't meet him until he was in high school.  We absolutely love him to death, he is a joy to be around, a lovely person inside & out.  How his idiot mother raised such a fantastic human being, I will never know. I urge you to be part of the child's life as soon as possible!

We are almost frantic about making up for lost time, we are trying to control ourselves from going overboard! We would eat him up with a spoon if we could! LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Yes.

But that's a perk of us marrying our 1st.

How can you be sure? Men don't have a hymen so you can check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)