Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i almost lost it today **long.

Posted by   + Show Post
Lately my 3 year old has been driving me crazy, when I tell her to do something (or no to do something) she does tbe exact opposite, we found that timeout worked really well with her in the past but now its like nothing, she goes back and does what got her in trouble the first time. Last night I cut an apple for her and her 7 month old sister, I gave her half and her sister the other, she decided she wanted her sisters too and took it away from her and she didn't even finish hers yet. Anywho, the baby is crying and I'm asking jude to please give it back, and she screams back NO! In the end I take it from her and put her in the corner, when she's quiet I go back and explain to her why she was put in the corner and tell her not to do it again, well she repeats it 3 times after that I took her to her room.
She has this terrible habbit when she doesn't want to finish her food and chews the food for an hour or until its too dry to swallow so she can spit it out, I usually don't let her spit it and give her water so she can swallow it. This morning I made scrambled eggs, because she asked for them, well she did the chew thing every bite I gave her, it got tiring and I did my best from bite one to tell her be a good girl finish your bite, in the end she just stared at me blankly and held the food in her mouth (this was her 3rd bite btw) I told her if she needed milk and she smiled and spat the food out, this drove me crazy. And for the first time in 3 years I felt like I wanted to physicaly hurt my child, so I picked her up, put her in bed and told her she wasn't having breakfast and to go back to sleep and slammed the door shut. I needed a breather, so I put the baby in her bed and took a step outside, I can hear her crying aand screaming, for the first time I broke down and cried from a 3 year old.
I have no idea why she has been acting out on me, I give her equal if not more attention then the baby, so it can't be jelousy. I disipline her, I tell her I love her, play with her... I don't understand why she is being this way when no one is ignoring her. I feel so bad for letting myself feel so angry at her.
Just needed to write it out and vent.... and no I don't feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (11-17):
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Aww I hear you there :(. My son went through this (well the all of a sudden..just started acting up). We started taking away privilages more than timeouts and we send him to his room if he's acting out really bad. If he can't calm down on his own.

It still could be that she's jealous, I'm sure you have, but have you talked with her about having a baby sibling? I'd ask her why she's not listening and stuff too. I ask my son too, and sometimes that's all he needs to say whats really bothering him. Granted, he's four now so he's learning to identify feelings and express what's on his mind :P.

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Lol ok whatever.
And no I don't physically feed my 3 year old, she feeds herself.

Quoting beethann:

I have a brain and i for sure wouldn't give a baby any sort of apple...and you still physically feed your DD?

Quoting mishamama:

It was half an apple to teethe on. She couldn't choke or bite a piece off.

Grow a brain.

Quoting kjfamily:

You gave a 7 month old a cut up apple? Wtf..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM
We went through the jelousy thing when dd2 was first born, potty regression, sleeping in the babies bed ect... she has actually been really good until 3 weeks ago when my dad came to visit and after he left. I think he might have spoiled her and let her get away with a few things.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

Aww I hear you there :(. My son went through this (well the all of a sudden..just started acting up). We started taking away privilages more than timeouts and we send him to his room if he's acting out really bad. If he can't calm down on his own.

It still could be that she's jealous, I'm sure you have, but have you talked with her about having a baby sibling? I'd ask her why she's not listening and stuff too. I ask my son too, and sometimes that's all he needs to say whats really bothering him. Granted, he's four now so he's learning to identify feelings and express what's on his mind :P.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
My 3 yr old DD is doin this too! It's driving me crazy. However I have a 6 mo old too. But DD1 argues EVERYTHING I say. Or throws a fit about it. I hate this stage. But I know if I'm constant shell eventually stop. This is just that age where kids know the rules, but they are going to test the boundaries everyday all day. It's a phase. So just keep thinking when you get that upset, this too shall pass. Lol. I get the same way though. But my DD1 has also stopped goin potty in the toilet. So that makes me the most crazy!! I can't stand it. But right now I think that part is the jealousy of her sister. Everything else though us normal 3 year old phase. Keep you're head up girly! And pm me if you want to chat about it. I totally know what you're going through!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Thanks. :)
This is so far my least favorite stage, we can only hopes it gets better.
I remember when the baby was first born, the potty thing is a pain. *hugs*

Quoting Mehganh:

My 3 yr old DD is doin this too! It's driving me crazy. However I have a 6 mo old too. But DD1 argues EVERYTHING I say. Or throws a fit about it. I hate this stage. But I know if I'm constant shell eventually stop. This is just that age where kids know the rules, but they are going to test the boundaries everyday all day. It's a phase. So just keep thinking when you get that upset, this too shall pass. Lol. I get the same way though. But my DD1 has also stopped goin potty in the toilet. So that makes me the most crazy!! I can't stand it. But right now I think that part is the jealousy of her sister. Everything else though us normal 3 year old phase. Keep you're head up girly! And pm me if you want to chat about it. I totally know what you're going through!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noobroob
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
They take after their fathers. :(
LOL

OP, don't feel bad it will get better. We have ALL been there. This too shall pass. Chin up girl!

Quoting mishamama:

Its like one day they are perfect angels and the next they are like satans offspring. I wonder what causes this...*sigh*

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

will it make you feel better if i tell you that pretty much all 3yos are brats like that from time to time? lol. i have tons of mom friends and i think it's safe to say that every one has been brought to tears at one point or another by their beloved offspring.

just keep doing what you're doing and keep your cool. parenting isn't easy! (hugs)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:42 AM
So far. It's my least favorite stage too. :(
And thanks. I can't wait for her to start using the potty again. Lol

Quoting mishamama:

Thanks. :)

This is so far my least favorite stage, we can only hopes it gets better.

I remember when the baby was first born, the potty thing is a pain. *hugs*

Quoting Mehganh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)