Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My evil confession...UPDATE*****

I wish we had enough money, that I never had to do laundry again or just hire someone to do it. Today is bedding day(every Monday), and I have about 10 loads in front of me to do. I do towels tomorrow, and then reg laundry the next day. Does anyone else feel like all they do is cook clean do laundry, then rinse and repeat everyday?

Sometimes being a SAHM gets to me, I can't wait to go back to work when my 2yo gets in school. I love my kids and my husband and our home, but I am ready to get some time away during the week!

Thank you to all of you, this has been such a nice post and so refreshing to see. I think we all agree to an extent to being overwhelmed, and we all have motherhood in common. With being a mother comes the responsibility of taking on so much, our children and our home and our husbands. Some of us work outside the home, and some of us stay at home. I think there are pros and cons to both, work at home moms get the break while at work but they still have to come home and work some more. SAHM's are doing it all day long, and it can be so overwhelming.

The past 16 years have taught me alot, but more then anything it  has taught me that what I do for my family is amazing and most will never know how much we as mommas do. I am going to say it to you now though, wtg and you are so awesome for everything you do for your families. The big things that they see, and the little ones they will never know about.

We are Moms and we are awesome, we hold the future of the world in our hands and our hearts. All that matters at the end of the day is that we love our families, and no matter if we are at home or at work we kick butt!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (251-260):
beehive7
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Ugggh! Laundry my long time Nemesis! And it's wretched sidekick The never ending pile of dishes! Dust the meniacle weapon used by the evil Dr. Backache! They all wreak havoc on my sanity. But I fight the fight to keep my family healthy and happy! I'm with you on this never ending fight! The best job in the world being a great mom, the hardest job in the world, being a great mom! Phew! Its a hard job but someone gotta do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelliturbes
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a SAHM, but my fiance does 50% (or more) of everything around the house, I am one lucky lady! I am very spoiled :)
3BoyzMom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Find joy in the little things. It does get overwhelming and boring, etc... I have four kids... I understand. I try to make everything I do count... do it with a loving attitude, etc... my gift to the ones I love most. <3

AlexsMommy424
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Just curious.. why is your 2 year old going to go to school? Is that when pre-k starts now?? Just asking because I have a 18 mo old and I am not ready to let go of him! l

I just put my son is preschool when he was 3 1/2! I cried and debated keeping him home another year til pre-k! I was not ready to let go either but glad I signed him up. He loved it! I am a SAHM mom as well but dread having to go back to work once my daugther goes to school. She is also 18 months and I'm trying to soak up all of this time while they are still so little.

I understand the daunting task of laundry and cleaning but I try to just do a little in the morning every day so that it doesn't add up and then spend the rest of the day doing fun things with my kids. I feel blessed that I get to be a part of their every day and explore the world with them during the early years! Try not to focus so much on cleaning and instead how fast your babies are growing! <3

shelliek
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Laundry is def. my MOST DREADED household chore! I put it off until either my daughter and I are out of underwear...then I have no choice but to do the laundry..LOL!  I sometimes think I went to college and received dual degrees to do laundry and clean all day? Really? Ugghhh...it does get overwhelming and frustrating. I guess b/c it's just so darn tedious! I can't wait until both my kids are on in school, as I'm def. going back to work just to get outta this apt. And I will hire someone to do my laundry when I do go back to work (except my underwear, feel weird about strangers touching my undies! lol)

nynaeve24
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks things are easier when you get to go back to work....haha WHEN you get to go back. I would have loved to have had the option to have been a stay at home mom, but we have needed both of our paychecks. So, I have been working 12 hour night shifts and playing mommy during for the day for the past decade. Still doing all the SAHM work, PTO, sports, scouts, all of the house work, all of that stuff, but that's as close to a SAHM as I could get. And I still feel lucky that I can do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinlife0607
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM

aww loved your update! :) 

are you able to get out one afternoon during the week to pamper yourself?  I'm not talking about an expensive spa day or anything, because we all know that most SAHM's and their families are on a budget, but something inexpensive like a manicure/pedicure/haircut or something.  An hour or so just to focus on you...or some gym time.  :)  Those things always make me feel refreshed and gives me a bit of a break from being overwhelmed.  You are absolutely right though....it's like we finish it, to just do it over and over and over again day after day and it definitely gets to me.  That's why I love doing those little things for me to take a break.  Also, I would get a few of my girlfriends together and we go out for dinner and a drink to vent, comfort each other and just catch up with some adult conversation. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on May. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Wow. And here I am at work reading that you're at home Blessed to be at home taking care of those things and your child.  The next time you're feeling overwhelmed and wishing you had more moeny to pay someone else to do your housework, please think of the handworking "Mamas" that are out working

(NOT BY CHOICE) to help their husbands earn enough to keep their modest home in a safe community and put food on the table....Oh, and they still have piles of laundry, after dinner dishes, bathtime, story time and plenty more love to give...Count your Blessings :o)

ekerazy78
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
The simple fact that you have been doing it for 16 years makes you a saint. I have only been doing it for 3 years and I cry in the shower most nights!
lil_mom2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I am right there with you except I can wash and dry laundry all day long. I HATE folding and putting it away!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)