Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My evil confession...UPDATE*****

I wish we had enough money, that I never had to do laundry again or just hire someone to do it. Today is bedding day(every Monday), and I have about 10 loads in front of me to do. I do towels tomorrow, and then reg laundry the next day. Does anyone else feel like all they do is cook clean do laundry, then rinse and repeat everyday?

Sometimes being a SAHM gets to me, I can't wait to go back to work when my 2yo gets in school. I love my kids and my husband and our home, but I am ready to get some time away during the week!

Thank you to all of you, this has been such a nice post and so refreshing to see. I think we all agree to an extent to being overwhelmed, and we all have motherhood in common. With being a mother comes the responsibility of taking on so much, our children and our home and our husbands. Some of us work outside the home, and some of us stay at home. I think there are pros and cons to both, work at home moms get the break while at work but they still have to come home and work some more. SAHM's are doing it all day long, and it can be so overwhelming.

The past 16 years have taught me alot, but more then anything it  has taught me that what I do for my family is amazing and most will never know how much we as mommas do. I am going to say it to you now though, wtg and you are so awesome for everything you do for your families. The big things that they see, and the little ones they will never know about.

We are Moms and we are awesome, we hold the future of the world in our hands and our hearts. All that matters at the end of the day is that we love our families, and no matter if we are at home or at work we kick butt!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Replies (261-270):
xMusicMommYx
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

lol I know the feeling! My 5 year old daughter changes every 5 min, until she has worn every clean outfit I folded and put away. Drives me bonkers. And my husband has more clothes than I do and I feel like the laundry never ends. Not to mention my 1 year old son goes through a ton of clothes a day as well. So I feel the same way all you do lol.

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Everything else I have down. Laundry on the other hand. Urgh! 

drowning in laundry

Sue1605
by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I would happily go help others out, if I could. Today I helped the gardeners by piling up all the leaves around our house.

Yes, CM does keep me  company. I spend too much time on the computer all day and end up with neck pain though.

Quoting mommy2kaelynn:

Totally jealous of you! My average is about 6-7 including bedding and towels each week, and then when we have a major leak like Sunday and 2 more laundry loads!

Dishes of course are daily - but I only need to run the dishwasher every other day.

Now, if only I could get caught up on vacuuming and get moved into our townhouse the rest of the way, I'd feel like I was settled!

And Sue - CM is for keeping you busy!!!! ;)

Quoting Sue1605:

I had it all taken care of when we lived in India. When we moved my DH asked me SEVERAL times if I was willing to give it all up and  do it all on my own. 12 years since and I have not regretted it. I am what I call myself "the laborer" type. Mostly been a SAHM, with 2 boys,all my life. Now I have it super easy - boys grown up and gone, we live in an executive bungalow with weekly housekeeping thrown in. All I need to do is a max of two small loads a week for lingerie and my own clothes. Although I do not need to, I still do my DHs work wear clothes and then send them for ironing. I do not have enough to keep me busy!

Quoting Crashly:

Laundry day for me is Saturday. It's usually 4 loads including bedding and towels. If I could afford it I would definitely hire someone to do my laundry, cleaning and cooking. Someday...

sedonamom
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I was a working mom with one child predominently taken care of by my husband while I worked 50-60 hours a week. I was still "responsible" for doing the weekly shop, laundry, dishes and making sure the house was clean BUT I did hire someone to come in weekly to help clean. I often had calls at work with updates of milestones I missed while working and those moments can never be replaced.

Then when I was pregnant with my second (surprise!) I was rear-ended in a car accident which necessitated me becoming a stay at home mom. That transition was beyond difficult. Then I had our third baby (surprise!) 14 months after our second. Almost 3 years of being a stay at home mom later I still struggle with trying to keep up with the day to day stuff but find spending so much time with my babies priceless. So even though without a doubt being a stay at home mom is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than working 50-60 hours a week (running a restaurant), I love it and feel so blessed!

Rocker-Momma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I have a 17mo and 4mo old, I told my husband I feel like all I do is feed people, wash people, and wipe people's butts lol.

I can't even go ok a weekly schedule, so I'm actually jealous of that. I have to do regular laundry at least twice a week and I have to change my oldest bedding a couple times a week, always wets the bed. I don't even have time to paint my toenails. I too can not wait some days until I get to have a place I go everyday alone, paycheck with my name on it. But I would never trade being home with them for there baby time.
beauswife
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I get overwhelmed a lot too! I have four kids, we live in a split, multi generation home. So there is a total of ten people here. I am the only one who does not work, so the majority of the work gets left for me,,,,, anyway, I do what I can for my kids and wonderful husband first. Then his parents, I love them to death. Yep, I might sometimes only get one shower a week, but I work hard and I know I am going to miss my babies being babies. Laundry is a never ending cycle! To help save money with so many people, we hang our clothes out to dry for the mostpart until they are only in the dryer for about ten minutes. My babies have spent afternoons in their highchairs outside many times. But, when this is all over and I am back at work, I know I will miss it. Even though I feel like walking away more often now. Hope it gets better for you!

SLOmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM
I always hear "OMG it's never finished" or "don't make a mess, I JUST got everything clean!!"
Um...newsflash, it's never-ending. Just accept it and it becomes less frustrating. I do laundry every time there's a full load (that way, I don't end up with multiple loads to put away at once), I try to wash dishes right away and I do the deep cleaning once a week or once a month depending on what it is.
It's the fact that it gets repetitive that bothers me. That's the only reason I liked to work but I'll only work when my kids are at school...I like to spend the 1st 3 years with them if I can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikadi
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Amen to that!

kelliturbes
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM
To b COMPLETELY honest, sometimes I wait to do laundry so long that I just go buy some new underwear so I can postpone laundry for another week LOL!

Quoting shelliek:

Laundry is def. my MOST DREADED household chore! I put it off until either my daughter and I are out of underwear...then I have no choice but to do the laundry..LOL!  I sometimes think I went to college and received dual degrees to do laundry and clean all day? Really? Ugghhh...it does get overwhelming and frustrating. I guess b/c it's just so darn tedious! I can't wait until both my kids are on in school, as I'm def. going back to work just to get outta this apt. And I will hire someone to do my laundry when I do go back to work (except my underwear, feel weird about strangers touching my undies! lol)

shelliek
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM

LOL! i've done this a couple of times...but not lately!!

Quoting kelliturbes:

To b COMPLETELY honest, sometimes I wait to do laundry so long that I just go buy some new underwear so I can postpone laundry for another week LOL!

Quoting shelliek:

Laundry is def. my MOST DREADED household chore! I put it off until either my daughter and I are out of underwear...then I have no choice but to do the laundry..LOL!  I sometimes think I went to college and received dual degrees to do laundry and clean all day? Really? Ugghhh...it does get overwhelming and frustrating. I guess b/c it's just so darn tedious! I can't wait until both my kids are on in school, as I'm def. going back to work just to get outta this apt. And I will hire someone to do my laundry when I do go back to work (except my underwear, feel weird about strangers touching my undies! lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN