Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extra Money?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
Its really weird to have "extra" money in my bank account. Im used to having 200$ in my account after all monthly bills and expenses. This month, after just bills, I have a thousand dollars in my account. :O All I really have to spend money on this month is gas which will probably be 50$ for the month.

Im thinking instead of a shopping spree or a tattoo,which I really want to do(lol), I'll stock my pantry and save the rest for school clothes and supplies for my son for next year. It really fucking sucks to be a "responsible adult" :'(

Is it weird for you to have extra money?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
11 moms liked this
Whats 'extra' money?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
It does suck! But, that's good. Usually these posts are "i'm on pa and just bought my kid an xbox, pop and donuts". "can't wait for my tax return, I am buying a TV and giving my kid a shopping spree at toys r us".

Hmmmmm I wonder why they are in the situation they are in.
.ZombieGirl.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM

No, we live well in our means but we also live pretty comfortably. We always have money left in our accounts.

Binkxo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM

We get a check every week, DH one mine the next. We didnt have any  bills last weeks (WHAT!?!?!?) so when I checked the bank account this morning there were practically TWO whole pay checks there. I was like ohhhhh yes. Lets do something crazy. Nope, billllls to pay. 

kellieknits
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

No, we live well in our means but we also live pretty comfortably. We always have money left in our accounts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

It has been a while since we have had extra money at the end of the month.  DH has no health insurance and had to have heart surgery and then oldest dd had to spend two weeks at the mayo clinic the first part of April, so all of our "extra" money has pretty much been spent on bills and such.  I am thankful that we had it when we needed it though and now have a diagnosis for our dd and can go from there.  If I had extra money right now we would be saving it to put down on a house so we can move!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM

This as well as I always had $50 hidden in my wallet.

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Mrs.Miller11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Why would you spend it on something you don't need?  This is why people never have extra money.  If I were in the position where 1,000 dollars is extra I would be saving it for an emergency.  

If you are going to spend it I would stock the pantry like you said, not get a tattoo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Haha I am on pa! Well I get fs. But it doesn't stock my pantry unless its a really killer sale. And my kids are spoiled by grandparents so I dont have to buy them toys and stuff. But I do like to dress my kids nicely so guess the money will go to that for his 1st grade year lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

It does suck! But, that's good. Usually these posts are "i'm on pa and just bought my kid an xbox, pop and donuts". "can't wait for my tax return, I am buying a TV and giving my kid a shopping spree at toys r us".

Hmmmmm I wonder why they are in the situation they are in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)