Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extra Money?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its really weird to have "extra" money in my bank account. Im used to having 200$ in my account after all monthly bills and expenses. This month, after just bills, I have a thousand dollars in my account. :O All I really have to spend money on this month is gas which will probably be 50$ for the month.

Im thinking instead of a shopping spree or a tattoo,which I really want to do(lol), I'll stock my pantry and save the rest for school clothes and supplies for my son for next year. It really fucking sucks to be a "responsible adult" :'(

Is it weird for you to have extra money?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Just leave it there move some to saving it'll grow faster if you just let it sit not need to rush out and buy food if you don't need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM
i dont really struggle, I just have limited monthly funds and ive been pretty good at living with in those means. My only bills each month are rent, power, and gas. Then monthly necessities of soaps and stuff like that. I dont have cable or internet except my phone.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Yes, although I would say that we're not in a position where any money is really "extra" at this point, lol.  There's always somewhere that we could put it responsibly. 

On a side note - I notice that amongst my friends, the ones who think of anything above bills as "extra" are the ones who struggle the most. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I would be have just to come out even after bills, rarely happens though.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont really struggle, I just have limited monthly funds and ive been pretty good at living with in those means. My only bills each month are rent, power, and gas. Then monthly necessities of soaps and stuff like that. I dont have cable or internet except my phone.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Yes, although I would say that we're not in a position where any money is really "extra" at this point, lol.  There's always somewhere that we could put it responsibly. 

On a side note - I notice that amongst my friends, the ones who think of anything above bills as "extra" are the ones who struggle the most. 

I got you, I think you made the right decision with your money.  I do the same thing, and I feel the same way (yes being an adult really does suck sometimes lol).  You should have seen me sadly paying off my car with my tax refund a few years ago.  My face was all frowned up, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quoting Elyce225:

Why would you spend it on something you don't need?  This is why people never have extra money.  If I were in the position where 1,000 dollars is extra I would be saving it for an emergency.  

If you are going to spend it I would stock the pantry like you said, not get a tattoo.

Why would you care how someone else spends their money?  And btw, what's wrong with spending money on something she wants and not something she necessarily needs?  Wow. This group never ceases to amaze me with the judgement.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM

We always have extra money. We also have a savings account.

My husband makes a good living....and we dont spend excessively on stuff just because we can or because the money is there. Which is why we always have money.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM

We almost always have a little extra every month, after we add to savings. We choose to do without a few things so that we can go out to eat, or buy the kids extra surprises, things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM
lol yeah, i get a sad every month when I write my rent check. :'(

Quoting CoolRelax:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CoolRelax:

I got you, I think you made the right decision with your money.  I do the same thing, and I feel the same way (yes being an adult really does suck sometimes lol).  You should have seen me sadly paying off my car with my tax refund a few years ago.  My face was all frowned up, lol.

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
After years of being perpetually broke from just paying for necessities, we have finally reached a point in our life where we do have extra money. It so odd seeing it there in the account. I know what you mean about there only being a couple hundred left after bills and groceries. I hated that so much and I felt like a fail parent. As tempting as it is to just go buy fun stuff with it, we are just taking chunks out of the extra cash and saving to buy our first home. Here's hoping...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jimalin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Same here

Quoting .ZombieGirl.:

No, we live well in our means but we also live pretty comfortably. We always have money left in our accounts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)