Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extra Money?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its really weird to have "extra" money in my bank account. Im used to having 200$ in my account after all monthly bills and expenses. This month, after just bills, I have a thousand dollars in my account. :O All I really have to spend money on this month is gas which will probably be 50$ for the month.

Im thinking instead of a shopping spree or a tattoo,which I really want to do(lol), I'll stock my pantry and save the rest for school clothes and supplies for my son for next year. It really fucking sucks to be a "responsible adult" :'(

Is it weird for you to have extra money?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
kngarber
by Katie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I never have extra money....ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I sometimes have extra money, which goes into the house I bought last year. So it's not really extra, more like sometimes I wouldn't have enough money if I hadn't bought a cheaper house so I would have money to redo it the way I want over time :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Anytime I have extra, I pay bills in advance, like 3 times a year I have $1500 left so I give it all to my landlord for rent. It helps keep us ontop of everything.
sewcrazycaren
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

You coud also open a christmas account and put half in there for christmas

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Nope, the extra money I have left over at the end of the month goes into savings. There are a lot of things I'd like to spend it on, but I save it instead. You never know when you'll need that little extra for something important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I save Xmas money once school stuff is bought and paid for. :-)

Quoting sewcrazycaren:

You coud also open a christmas account and put half in there for christmas

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Congrats on learning to save.

No, it's to strange for me to have "extra money" as you call it. I'm not a not for profit agency; we make money, pay all expenses and save most of it. Saving money is basically the equivalent of cutting yourself a paycheque for later in life.

We have close to $100,000 in savings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Nice!
I call it "extra money" money cuz it doesnt go to the current months bills and necessities.

Im thinking ill spend 100$ to stock my pantry and save the rest for my sons back to school supplies and clothes and I will most likely need to save for work clothes if I can ever get a job. Life of a sahm means all I have is Jammies and t shirts and jeans lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

No, it's to strange for me to have "extra money" as you call it. I'm not a not for profit agency; we make money, pay all expenses and save most of it. Saving money is basically the equivalent of cutting yourself a paycheque for later in life.

GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM

yup. lol trying to do the right things is hard we just got a 1600.00 blow so our nice little pillow just got melted away.  i feel completely blinde sided... i really don't want to dip into savings investments or college funds so we are tyring to just make it work

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Great! Look into getting coupons to stretch your dollars further. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice!

I call it "extra money" money cuz it doesnt go to the current months bills and necessities.

Im thinking ill spend 100$ to stock my pantry and save the rest for my sons back to school supplies and clothes and I will most likely need to save for work clothes if I can ever get a job. Life of a sahm means all I have is Jammies and t shirts and jeans lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)