Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let your DD play with a 13 year old mom? **** UPDATE!***AND PIC ADDED ON LAST PAGE IN REPLYS

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 429 Replies
I had my DDs 9th bday party yesterday , I invited some of our neighbors. Our neighbor came with her cousins she has guardianship of , a 13 year old girl and her 6 month old baby ( baby is same age as my baby) .

The girls were playing, doing the soldier boy, enjoying the water slide, being little girls , its really weird watching her be a mommy at the same time. I myself was a teen parent but not exactly that young and i turned 18 BY the time he was born . Well I dont want to play hipocrite and not let my DD play with her because she has a baby, but my sister says I'm stupid because she will talk to my DD about sex ! I do have a 13 year old boy, but he still has a child mentality not growing up too fast thank god. What do u ladies think? Would you let your kid play with a kid that has a baby?

UPDATE - 5/9

WELL I AM HANGING OUT WITH HER NOW AS WE SPEAK I AM OUTSIDE WE ARE WITH OUR BABIES AND I AM TALKING TO HER AND GIVING HER ADVICE AND MY DD HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING WITH HER . SHE'S MY NEW MOMMY FRIEND :))) I WILL POST A PIC IN THE REPLYS ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:22 AM
33 moms liked this
Whats thr girls backstory. That would be the deciding factor for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM
36 moms liked this
Yes it would teach my child what happens when you have sex. There could be more to the story though, then it would teach my child compassion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM
9 moms liked this

I would allow it, but under my supervision only. I don't want her filling my kids heads with sex talk and what not! But because she had a baby doesn't mean she is a "bad" person. Just one not to trust!

Now if she got raped, that's a whole other story... I'd hope she was getting councelling!

MommaRoseT
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I'm confused.  Does the 13 year old girl have a 6 month old baby? Sorry if I've misunderstood...

kolbiesmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Hmm. That's a tough one. I too was a teen mom, but 13?? I have to say I probably wouldn't let my dd UNLESS there is a horrific reason she has that baby and it wasnt bu choice..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iron_Beauty
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM
13 moms liked this

This. Also, learning about sex I dont think is a bad thing for anyone. Honestly here in america I think we are a little prudish when it comes to anything sexual. Even with adults.

As long as the girl is a good mom, and is responsible (well as responsible as she can be at 13), I would have no objections to my child hanging out with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it would teach my child what happens when you have sex. There could be more to the story though, then it would teach my child compassion.

ejbljb
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM
10 moms liked this

I don't know the girl's story, so I can't say. Just because she has a baby, it doesn't mean that she's a bad influence. She could have made one bad mistake, or been raped. 

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
6 moms liked this

I wouldnt allow my 16 year old to hang out with a teen mom- I certainly wouldnt allow a younger child to.  

lovinmybabyboys
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Me either.

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

This. Also, learning about sex I dont think is a bad thing for anyone. Honestly here in america I think we are a little prudish when it comes to anything sexual. Even with adults.

As long as the girl is a good mom, and is responsible (well as responsible as she can be at 13), I would have no objections to my child hanging out with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM
13 moms liked this

I don't even think I'd let my 8-9 year old listen to soulja boy...

Yes I'd let her hang out... What better than a real life reason to hang onto your own childhood...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN