Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let your DD play with a 13 year old mom? **** UPDATE!***AND PIC ADDED ON LAST PAGE IN REPLYS

Posted by   + Show Post
I had my DDs 9th bday party yesterday , I invited some of our neighbors. Our neighbor came with her cousins she has guardianship of , a 13 year old girl and her 6 month old baby ( baby is same age as my baby) .

The girls were playing, doing the soldier boy, enjoying the water slide, being little girls , its really weird watching her be a mommy at the same time. I myself was a teen parent but not exactly that young and i turned 18 BY the time he was born . Well I dont want to play hipocrite and not let my DD play with her because she has a baby, but my sister says I'm stupid because she will talk to my DD about sex ! I do have a 13 year old boy, but he still has a child mentality not growing up too fast thank god. What do u ladies think? Would you let your kid play with a kid that has a baby?

UPDATE - 5/9

WELL I AM HANGING OUT WITH HER NOW AS WE SPEAK I AM OUTSIDE WE ARE WITH OUR BABIES AND I AM TALKING TO HER AND GIVING HER ADVICE AND MY DD HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING WITH HER . SHE'S MY NEW MOMMY FRIEND :))) I WILL POST A PIC IN THE REPLYS ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes I would. this would be an amazing learning tool for your children.It will open the door for many conversations for you and your children. They will see how hard being a parent is esp when you are a very young teen. If they girl starts beng all boy crazy around your DD then stop them.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this
That's a tough one

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
11 moms liked this

Good lord, she made a mistake, its not like she killed someone. She is a 13 year old child with a child of her own. It doesn't mean she is going to talk other girls into having sex to get knocked up. Most teen parents don't want another child and most don't talk others into becoming teen parents. I was a teen parent, although not that young, however, I didn't try to not anyone into having sex. If anything, I said this is WHAT HAPPENS when you are not ready for sex!  Yes, I would allow my child to be around a 13 year old teen mom.

WrapNLoseInches
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
12 moms liked this

yes I would. and I can say from experience that it does teach not to make the same mistakes. I was 11 when one of our family friends daughter got pregnant she was 13. the guy was 16. We all remained close friends, and her mistake helped me NOT make the same. I learned from her how hard it was to be a mom and what she had to give up. I also helped her out too, she'd come over to stay and have to bring her daughter with her, and I learned what getting up for AM feedings was like and how I didnt want any part of being a parent until I was much older. BUT Im proud to say, that Jen was a wonderful mother, finished jr and sr highs, and has gone on to college, she goes to school and works while her daughter is in school and she's home in time to get her off the bus and since they are only 13 yrs apart in age, they are really really close friends and mother-daughter relationship.  Jen is 28, Jessie is now 15. Jessie refuses to make the same choices her mom made, and has let it be known, that altho she is grateful that her mom chose to keep her at that age, she wants to cherish her childhood without a kid in tow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

No and I wouldnt even be letting her listen to that music. 

swizzlefiz
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I wouldn't let my 8 and a half year old hang out with a 13 year old mom.  That is not the kind of influence or example I want set for her.

Peytonsmommy310
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Supervised is my pending answer. Waiting for more info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laciD
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

No and I wouldnt even be letting her listen to that music. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annasew
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

What is the girls back story?  How did she come to be a mom at 13?  Was she willingly having sex with someone?

Mehganh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Probably this.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Whats thr girls backstory. That would be the deciding factor for me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN