Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let your DD play with a 13 year old mom? **** UPDATE!***AND PIC ADDED ON LAST PAGE IN REPLYS

Posted by   + Show Post
I had my DDs 9th bday party yesterday , I invited some of our neighbors. Our neighbor came with her cousins she has guardianship of , a 13 year old girl and her 6 month old baby ( baby is same age as my baby) .

The girls were playing, doing the soldier boy, enjoying the water slide, being little girls , its really weird watching her be a mommy at the same time. I myself was a teen parent but not exactly that young and i turned 18 BY the time he was born . Well I dont want to play hipocrite and not let my DD play with her because she has a baby, but my sister says I'm stupid because she will talk to my DD about sex ! I do have a 13 year old boy, but he still has a child mentality not growing up too fast thank god. What do u ladies think? Would you let your kid play with a kid that has a baby?

UPDATE - 5/9

WELL I AM HANGING OUT WITH HER NOW AS WE SPEAK I AM OUTSIDE WE ARE WITH OUR BABIES AND I AM TALKING TO HER AND GIVING HER ADVICE AND MY DD HAS NOT BEEN PLAYING WITH HER . SHE'S MY NEW MOMMY FRIEND :))) I WILL POST A PIC IN THE REPLYS ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Replies (41-50):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Actually studies have shown that in a way it is.  SOme girls see the attention that a pregnant mom gets and the constant companionship of a baby as something good.  It can also normalize a situation that can put her future at risk.  Ultimately, its my child and my choice right?  

Quoting nellyb118:

Why? Teen pregnancy isn't contagious.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I wouldnt allow my 16 year old to hang out with a teen mom- I certainly wouldnt allow a younger child to.  

southernbell711
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this
Personally i think it is admirable that she chose life. That's a very big choice for a 13yo she could have easily had an abortion. That right there puts her a step above half of the 13yo in America that drug it up and party it up. i would watch her around your LO but sounds like if shes strong enough to take care of her child at that age she will (hopefully) grow to be a great mom and woman with proper guidance
and role models!

Edit: think of it this way she brought a beautiful life into this world. She made a mistake. She doesn't walk on water. Last i checked God was the only one who walked on water. Don't judge her! Give her a chance.

People judge me all the time just because im 20 and have a kid. But she has changed me completely. I can honestly say i would probably be in jail if it hadn't been for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Chels
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I would. It's not like she'll catch pregnancy or whatever. My daughter is 16 months but when she is that age I'd like to think that she would be able to know that having sex when you are 13 isn't a good idea, I will trust my daughter. I had a friend that was 12 when she got pregnant, I turned out just fine & so did the other girls that hung out with her! She never talked about sex with us, when she was with us we were little girls & when she needed to be a Mom she was!

NDADanceMom
1 mom liked this

Well you should do a little research.  Pregnancies happen in spurts in schools.  It is often the case where one teen gets pregnant and suddenly there is a cluster, often in the same social circle.  It is one of the main reasons they have alternative schools for teen moms.  

Teens emulate their friends.  You can encourage your kids to hang with the college bound kids, or the teen moms.  Your choice.  My choice is to have my kids hang out with the kids that are headed to college. 

Quoting Anonymous:

ya because if you let your child hang out with a teen mom you know they will catch a big case of the pregnant,  give me a break

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I wouldnt allow my 16 year old to hang out with a teen mom- I certainly wouldnt allow a younger child to.  

godsgirl26
Happy thanksgiving :)
Yesterday at 10:44 AM

This.

Quoting JakesMom712:

Whats thr girls backstory. That would be the deciding factor for me

HotMichMomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this
At that age I would say that something in her life went terribly wrong maybe that's why she now has a guardian? Anyways she is still a child and I would let my kids play with her. I don't see te point in outcasting the 13 year old that will only make her situation worse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't.  I can't think of any 13 yr old parent being in the best circumstances.  She was either not watched, not protected, or both. 

nellyb118
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Sure. I had my son at 18, out of all my friends I was the last to have sex and had the same boyfriend all through high school(now dh)...I wasn't sleeping around, very good kid just had a mishap once and got pregnant. Many friends were having unprotected sex with multiple guys but just didn't end up pregnant.
Would you really consider me the worse influence?

I would think it would be more important to teach your child about what's best for her instead of trying to shield her from things. I had many friends who stopped their promiscuous ways after I became pregnant.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually studies have shown that in a way it is.  SOme girls see the attention that a pregnant mom gets and the constant companionship of a baby as something good.  It can also normalize a situation that can put her future at risk.  Ultimately, its my child and my choice right?  

Quoting nellyb118:

Why? Teen pregnancy isn't contagious.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM
YES SHE GOT PREGNANT AT 12

Quoting MommaRoseT:

I'm confused.  Does the 13 year old girl have a 6 month old baby? Sorry if I've misunderstood...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I think at 13 with a baby ou dont really play. I think I would let her hangout with her and remind my child to not make te same choices as her friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN