Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do u do it?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
I am a sahm, n ain't going to lie, my confession is I hate cleaning.. I take care of my kids 100% but when it comes to me cleaning the house it seems I never have time.. How do u keep up on it all? Between the baby needing me n my three year old up my butt, its just hard :/ , I want help figuring out everything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ESER
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think there is a perfect mom out there. :) I start teaching my kids to clean up their toys with me at 18mo and by two they are doing it themselves. I take care of the kids all day and then I will do my deep cleaning after they go to bed, but my kids go to bed at 7:00. My husband picks up the odds and ends, so that is a HUGE help. I usually get my cleaning done in under an hour without the kids up and about. Then I get to enjoy my clean house for the rest of the night. :) Good luck.

kellieknits
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM
My mom made a schedule when she was a sahm, I only have 1, so it's easy to keep up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TWINS609
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I work and it isn't easy, I just make little goals for myself every day to do certain things and it keeps the house pretty straight. For example, Monday I have the kids soccer practice until 8:00 PM so I will make something easy for dinner and my goal is to get the load of laundry out, folded and put away before bed. Tomorrow, it might be to vacuum and do a walk around pick up. Maybe one day my goal is to clean and straighten the bathrooms. I just take baby steps and do a little everyday. You don't have to eat the whole elephant in one day, just take little bites.

JoLee12345
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Two go to school and the three kids home 5,2,1. They wake, I cook breakfast, give a bath, put baby in plypen and clean the whole house from top to bottom, then we do our daily fun! I keep up at all timed! GL! I found my routine early on and it works!
ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM

thats almost how it works here too... except Dh helps with nothing... haha, but I clean as I go... while dinner is cooking I clean the kitchen... for examplle this morning I cooked pancakes for breakfast and a little of the batter fell on the stove, I cleaned it up right away... didnt let it sit there at all... I keep my sink full of hot soapy water while I am cooking and just throw all of the dishes in there when they are done... when the plates go in there I clean everything... :-) living room my kids help me clean... I do deep cleaning after they are in bed... thats normally bathrooms and mopping/sweeping... :)

mommie_to_be08
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM
yea my husband works thirds, 11 to 7 n sleeps when he comes home until about three or four.. I try to get all my cleaning down during the day cuz our house is set up word so if u run the sweep ect. U can hear it threw the house so I can't really do deep cleaning at might when kids r sleeping.. Plus the baby is bf n he knows when I ain't in bed lol (spoiled ) but during the day its my three year old wants to play play play lol he sometimes helps pick up his toys :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I like to clean, so I'm not sure how to explain how I keep up with it all. It's actually harder now that my kids are older than it was when they were babies and toddlers. They have more crap to organize and pick up now, and use more dishes, and seem to have more laundry then even when they were babies spitting up every hour. I've just gotten really good at cleaning as I go, and not letting things get backed up.

katemma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
The only way I get anything done is by asking my dh to watch the baby while I pick up. Usually I do it on the weekends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I let some things slide. Others, Flylady.net has some great ideas and routines. 15 minutes at a time, then move to another thing. If you follow her advice, one room in your home is always clean b/c you rotate the rooms.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)