Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I am a sahm, n ain't going to lie, my confession is I hate cleaning.. I take care of my kids 100% but when it comes to me cleaning the house it seems I never have time.. How do u keep up on it all? Between the baby needing me n my three year old up my butt, its just hard :/ , I want help figuring out everything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-14):
mommie_to_be08
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Ty all :) I guess I will get the hang of it at some point lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM

You just have to get into a routine with both kids...Then you will start finding holes of time that could be used to at least begin a chore then finish it later when the next hole in time comes up. For me, we eat breakfast together but my 2 year old and baby take awhile...After the baby and me are done the 2 year old is still eating and watching his cartoons...So, I give the baby toys while still in his high chair and let him watch cartoons next to brother and play. I go get a chore or two done! Then usually the next time I get free time to do anything is when they are napping(I have a Door Monkey on my 2 y/o's door so he can't get out and run amok). They usually nap for about an hour and a half and I will do a couple more chores and have my lunch. Then I don't do anymore chores until DH is home...I make dinner while the kids sit in their chairs watching cartoons and eating snacks. We all eat dinner and clean up from that, then DH watches the kids while I wash up the kitchen and keep the laundry going. On days that I need to vacuum and mop I put my son in his room to watch a movie and play and the baby in his jumperoo(or swing when I had it) and I get it all done with intermittent breaks to feed the baby and grab a glass of water.

How old is baby? Maybe you can introduce a carrier of some sort so baby is with you and you get stuff done.

One of the biggest things I have learned is that once you clean it if you take steps to keep it clean, it won't need to be REALLY cleaned for at least 2 weeks...Like the kids rooms....I get my 2 year old to help me pick up all his toys from the livingroom and the bedrooms. We have been working on placing his toys in the bins and toy boxes and we do it before bed and nap time EVERYDAY...If I miss a day the mess becomes overwhelming. I use a lot of Clorox and Clorox wipes as well...Every day to every 2 days I wipe down the bathroom sink/counter and clean the toilet(outside of the bowl) just before hopping in the shower...Then once a week I clean the bowl while doing the other stuff. Also, I try to space out all my chores over the week so that I am not trying to get them all done in one day...Like I said before, there are some that are an everyday thing but because they are everyday they don't take as much time because I don't have to clean as deeply as if I'd waited.

aidyns_mommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Im no help. Moms in this group wouldn't bash the hell out of the way my house looks! Here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie_to_be08
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I get overwelmed :( my three year old don't nap :( n the baby is 2 months but I have a carrier , out hurts my shoulders :( my baby is 15 lbs last app. Prob more now lol.. When do u play with ur kids ? If they r always watching cartoons or in bouncer ect? I also have animals, n the puppy doesn't ever stop chewing up (its a puppy thing but still) I woke up today to a box of tissues, a pop can box, some toys, a basket the toys were in chewed up everywhere..n I still have yet to clean it n I woke up at 9 .. What have I been doing? Feeding the baby, got breakfest for my three year old , he won't eat unless somebody eats with him..had to get his movie going to try an clean them the baby was crying cuz he fell over .. He likes to sit on the couch, if he falls over he crys, he won't suit in the swing either n of course on cm talking to all over u lol .. I guess my husband is right.. he says I am to good of a mom, n a not a very good house wife lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)