Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F****** pain in the a**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Every week  it's the same thing. I can't wait till hump day or Sunday because my DF is off. I'm like yay i'll get help and a little affection. I just loved being around my DF i'm so in love with him. I still get butterflies in my tummy when ever he walks in the door from working and sometimes i'm still all giddy and nervous right before we have sex. Dame it all that disappears by 10 a.m. on those same days i can't wait to arrive because those are his day's off.  He's starts his bitchin an complain about/to the kids. Last night i asked him if he was ok an i got "ya i'm fine. it's just these kids i'm done, i'm ready for them to go to bed. I spend all day doing for them an no matter what they're not happy i haven't sat down all day". UMM ya right. I was here with you all day u only set up a mat in the back yard and brought out a few toys. You sat outside and watched them with me but bitched the whole time. Oh an smoked your blunt too.  You went inside an watched tv because you couldn't take anymore. You didn't play with your kids at all. Oh you made dinner, spaghetti not hard at all and it doesn't take a long time to make. I'm here all the time with the kids with no help an i don't complain in 3 days as much as he does in one day.

During the week you get home 6:30 p.m. an take a shower an smoke your blunts and do whatever. Hardly do anything with the kids an by 7:30 p.m. you're ready for them to go to bed. You're bitchin again and telling them you can't wait till they're in bed.

Wow some dads have it so easy. Some are not cut out to be dads. They can't handle the responsibility. They need to realize they had kids not a dog or cat that is just going to sit/lay there and be quite. They're gonna wanna play, be held, cry, scream,  jump, run and  inter act with them. Hello that's what kids do.

Ok sorry had to vent that out. I love him dearly but dame he pisses me off an makes me wish he wasn't here sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Fyi, Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't seen you point out one good thing about this guy.  He gives you butterflies?  That's it?  (George Clooney does that for me.  That is not love.)  Why would a guy be attractive to you if he doesn't like his kids at all, and smokes pot?  Sorry, he sounds like a BIG loser to me.

I never said he didn't like his kids. Were did that come from? He loves his kids very much. He to me just doesn't do everything in his power to please them. He does for them and with them. Just sometimes i think he could do a little more like leave the dishes or laundry and play ball. He'd rather hold an rock with the kids then play. Yes he bitches but not all day and not directly at the kids. I've pointed out lots that make him a good guy. He's a lot better then the fathers who sell drugs, runs the streets, cheats on his family, lays at home every day, or completely ignores his kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Agreed nothing should be smoked around right in front of kids but do you know how many parents smoke all kinds of things in the same house directly in front of their children. My DF never does anything like that. Get on those parents.

Quoting Anonymous:

Btw.. cigarrettes are disgusting, nothing should be smoked around children!!! Common sense would tell you that!

Quoting SDarvasi:

So...a person who smokes cigarrettes outside in the backyard while their kids are playing is even better? 

I'm sure the kids are just fine. He just sounds like he has a real issue with letting go of his independance and I don't think it was fair to attack her parenting. Besides...I don't really recall her saying that he smoked the blunt WHILE watching them....unless I missed something.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no way anyone would be smoking blunts in front of my children.. she can't control her douchbag fiances behaviour, but she can choose to remove her innocent children from the Thc and second hand smoke in marijuana blunts... how about we give the kids a break huh? As a child social worker, this makes me sad.. and the reason children get removed from homes....
Quoting SDarvasi:

It's not her job to babysit him too. He is a grown man. It doesn't mean she's any less of a mother because he decides to do something she can't really stop him from doing if he wants to do it. Give her a break. fuck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure.. you are. Mother of the year who lets their douche bag fiance smoke blunts outside where your children are playing.. 0.o
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly, you settle for so little.. he sounds like a douche bag. Open your eyes! Its time to be a mother more than a woman with "needs". Wow!!

I am being a mother an i know i'm a good one. He is not around for my needs thank you. FYI we might get my "needs" met maybe once a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Yes Mama, just blowing steam. Thank you.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

I love him because he is a great man. He works very hard to provide for his family. He is very caring and would give his last to his family. I have 3 beautiful children with him. We have been together for years.

He doesn't completely ingnore his kids. I just feel he could jive them more time. They are just kids an don't understand he's tired.

He doesn't smoke standing right next to them or on the couch while they're watching tv. I guess he smokes to wind town or relax in stead of drinking.

Why stay? He has a coulpe faults so i shoud run? No. every one has their faults he just states his out loud a few more times then he should but he is a good father an man.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

WHY ?

why do you love him?

Why does he ignore the kids?

Why does he smoke around them?

Why would you stay?

Fair Enough Momma if you are generally OK with him  and just blowing off steam thats cool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes very well said. Ty an you did not miss anything.

Quoting SDarvasi:

I do believe I said "unless I missed something." You don;t have to be a cunt about it.

Anyways...it STILL doesn't mean you have the right to bash her as a mother. I am a mom too, and I care very much for the well being of children. But cigarrette smoke isn't ANY LESS harmful around kids, yet, I haven't heard anyone complain about parents who smoke their cigarrettes in the backyard while kids are playing. PLUS, are you not aware of the thousands of chemicals we breated in everyday outside because of car fumes and factories? And how about the foods kids eat, and ingest god knows what. So he smoked a blunt. Big fucking deal. You should be MORE focused on children who are actually being neglected or abused. This is just a man who put his own habit before the kids, and I'm not saying it was right, but for god sakes, stop acting like he let them play in traffic...or that the mom sat back while he blew smoke in their face. You don't know how big the backyard is...just saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Go back and read again... she said this...
. "I was here with you all day u only set up a mat in the back yard and brought out a few toys. You sat outside and watched them with me but bitched the whole time. Oh an smoked your blunt too. "

Come back with another excuse or bs.. I will always argue for the sake of the children!!! Have a good day!

Quoting SDarvasi:

So...a person who smokes cigarrettes outside in the backyard while their kids are playing is even better? 

I'm sure the kids are just fine. He just sounds like he has a real issue with letting go of his independance and I don't think it was fair to attack her parenting. Besides...I don't really recall her saying that he smoked the blunt WHILE watching them....unless I missed something.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no way anyone would be smoking blunts in front of my children.. she can't control her douchbag fiances behaviour, but she can choose to remove her innocent children from the Thc and second hand smoke in marijuana blunts... how about we give the kids a break huh? As a child social worker, this makes me sad.. and the reason children get removed from homes....
Quoting SDarvasi:

It's not her job to babysit him too. He is a grown man. It doesn't mean she's any less of a mother because he decides to do something she can't really stop him from doing if he wants to do it. Give her a break. fuck. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure.. you are. Mother of the year who lets their douche bag fiance smoke blunts outside where your children are playing.. 0.o
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly, you settle for so little.. he sounds like a douche bag. Open your eyes! Its time to be a mother more than a woman with "needs". Wow!!

I am being a mother an i know i'm a good one. He is not around for my needs thank you. FYI we might get my "needs" met maybe once a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Quoting liz.1986:

That's sad you have a fiance that chooses drugs over his children.

I never said he chooses drugs over his kids. BTY HE DOESN'T. I was pointing out to him that he didn't just spend his day doing for the kids and they weren't unhappy. He said he didn't get to sit down at all and i pointed out when he did. He does have a right to take a min or 5 to his self and when he does he is in no way choosing what he decides to do during that time over his kids.

liz.1986
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting liz.1986:

That's sad you have a fiance that chooses drugs over his children.

I never said he chooses drugs over his kids. BTY HE DOESN'T. I was pointing out to him that he didn't just spend his day doing for the kids and they weren't unhappy. He said he didn't get to sit down at all and i pointed out when he did. He does have a right to take a min or 5 to his self and when he does he is in no way choosing what he decides to do during that time over his kids.

Whatever makes you feel better....

We have anonymous posting too!

Join us every Friday for our "I'll take that dare!" viewing parties!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Quoting fairyjester:

and you are planning on marrying this guy???   good luck with that

Yes i was. I still might but every date we had set was to be pushed back due pregnancies. I choose now to get a house instead of blowing my money on a party an piece of paper. I already have the ring an that's fine for now. I don't need any luck. He doesn't have any issues that can't get worked on. He just needs to take time an see how he can manage a full time job and 3 kids that miss him. All working parents have had to do the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Wow the bashing on here is horrible. I'm not going to bash you I promise. Just listen to this.......... When I was pregnant with my DD her dad freaked out. He started smoking pot to "calm down" . He was involved with the pregnancy.........at first and was providing for us.......at first. THEN suddenly he needed to "calm down" a lot more often and rent money began to vanish and I was pregnant with no food in the house . I had to go to dr apts ALONE. I went into early labor at 25wks and my DD's heart stopped and I was in the hospital ALONE because he was too tired from being stoned to give a damn. When i had DD he left us in the hospital the next day so he could go home and get stoned. Left at noon, didnt see him until midnight. When I came home with DD, he was more interested in getting stoned out with his friends and then started the cheating . My poor DD didnt even really know who daddy was. One night I discovered that it wasn't just weed.........I caught him chopping up coke in my shed. Thats when i contacted a friend where I live now, packed my stuff and left. He and I are now going through divorce and my child isn't hurt because she was only 6mo when I left. Before then I had no where else to go or I would have left sooner. I'm by no means saying that this WILL ABSOLUTELY HAPPEN to you. But I am saying, it's possible. Be careful. Watch his habits. My X wasn't interested in being a father either. Yes, he would play with her sometimes, yes he said that he loved her and held my hand through labor but eventually, the weed was all that mattered. You can't sit around and wait for this to happen to you too. If his habit bothers you, make it clear to him that you will not have it in your home around your children. Otherwise, it could get worse and he isn't going to think twice about it because you have already allowed it for however long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM

He does have an interest in his kids i just feel he could have a little more. At the same time i do understand where he is coming from. Working everyday out in the heat you don't want to walk threw the door an play cars or whatever. He could just do a few things differently like leave the laundry till later.

It's not an every day all day bitching thing he does but i don't want to hear it that early the kids have been up only a couple of hours. Wait till the afternoon. He's not used to being with them an knowing their wants it takes a lot out of someone who's not used to it. When he's home they only want him. He has complained on more then one of his days off but not every one or every day.

It was just a venting post from me because i had talked to a few moms today about the fathers thinking it was a piece of cake to stay home with kids all day. I just added a few of my things. No i didn't mention the good things about him i didn't mean too. But he is over all a really great guy. I am very luck to have him an so are the kids. We could have worse i know worse and have worse.

It was just a vent post like u have an argument an say something you don't really mean. I don't actually really wish he wasn't here because he his a big help. He does his part an days he does more then he should. I am hurt/ was hurt because i'm very protective of my kids. I don't want no one to say anything negative about my kids at all. It's kind of weird because i can but i don't want NO ONE ELSE to. Even their dad.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

A man not taking interest in his own children isn't attractive, that's his biggest offense to me.

How often does this behavior happen? One has to assume if you make a post venting about it, it must be more of a daily habit then you let on, sorry. You didn't even say one good thing about him in your post. I wouldn't say my relationship is perfect by any means, but, I can't recall a time I've ever wished my fiance wasn't even here (being home).

Seems to me that he neglects you and the kids often (not giving you guys more attention, like you deserve), and you're hurt by that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Wow. Not sure how you get all giddy having sex with that. If my fiance acted like that, fucking him would be last thing on my mind. I wouldn't find that attractive.

He's not bitchin every single night. We do go out and do things fun as a family. Some days are not fun but not every day is horrible. He doesn't spend every min of his time off an home bitchin an complaining.  There are many things about him that are attractive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you i'm glad to know some of us realize an will admit our life's aren't perfect. We didn't start out being the great moms we are today it took some dos and don'ts but we got it and so will the fathers just because they don't right way and do things diffrent don't make them bad dads.

Thanks for letting me vent

Quoting MileysMommy211:

That really sucks I know my hubby is a great provider and great person just needs some brushing up on multi tasking at home moms can do it why can't they don't understand some people on here r just so judgemental n rude man no one is perfect so stop acting like u r n that ur lives r perfect cause no one is perfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)