Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Touchy subject, opinions please *update - last update

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 309 Replies
6 moms liked this
So I have shared with you ladies before that 11 years ago my husband and I had a daughter that passed away. She was 7 months old and we decided to donate her organs. We had it put in our file that we did not want contact from any of the other families ever. The only thing I know is that she saved three other babies. I just wanted into be over and I didn't want reminders of what I couldn't have.

If you were in this position and you found out that one of the other families had written a letter would you want to see it or not?

*Thank you all for your very kind words, even the one who thinks I'm selfish. I think I will read the letter. This may be hard to understand, but I'm scared of being jealous or resentful of what they have. Does that make me a terrible person? I hope not. Again, thank you- you all really do know how to put the judgement aside and be here for each other when we need to be.

Last update: I just wanted to let you all know that you have truly helped me come to term with the feelings I have been having. I have decided I am not ready to read the letter. But I am going to accept it and put it away until the time comes that I am ready. Thank you all for taking the time to share your well wishes and condolences with me. Also I would like to say that after all these years I would not change my decision about organ donation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunfireprincess
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
31 moms liked this

I would want to see it. Despite my pain I would be glad someone else was saved from my loss.

kellieknits
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely. I'd want to know that some good came out of such tragedy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I'd want to see the letter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dereksmom09
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I would want to see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM
5 moms liked this
Idk. I think I couldn't help myself. I wpuld obsess over the letter I knew about but hadn't read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Quoting sunfireprincess:

I would want to see it. Despite my pain I would be glad someone else was saved from my loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM
4 moms liked this

I would want to see the letter, but probably not for a while after the loss of my child. But I think knowing that other parents did not have to go through what I did because of the gift my child gave their child would be very  comforting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM

even though it could bring up a hurtful memory and bring that pain back, I would want to read it.

swizzlefiz
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'd want to see it.  I'd think it would help me heal.  Of course, I've never been in that situation, so I don't know for sure.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this

I think, maybe, years later I would be ready to go back and revisit the whole horrible ordeal.   Maybe I would enjoy reminiscing about my baby and the time I had with her, as well as knowing what good DID come from my loss.

But I can't answer this for you....   you gotta decide.   I've never been in your shoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)