Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
....cigarette smoking, whiskey drinking, gun carrying, potty mouth...I have ALOT of tattoos and piercings.

I always see these posts complaining about these things but I'm not sure I see the problem as long as everything is done responsibly. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
mackiebugsmom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I drink beer, swear once in awhile, have one tattoo and smoke but it doesnt define me as a parent, people will just find anything to judge about...i bet your awesome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, have fun trying to remove the right to bear arms. That will never happen in this country.

Quoting liz.1986:

I am the same! Except for the gun carrying, but we're going to change that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I don't care about the tattoos and piercings. I don't care about the drinking, as long as it's done responsibly. 

The potty mouth makes you sound low-class and uneducated, but if you're fine with giving that impression, go for it. 

The cigarette smoking is disgusting. You're ruining your health and endangering anyone in your vicinity. Even when you're not smoking, the residue that's on your walls, furniture, and in your car is dangerous for your health and especially your children's. There is no way to "responsibly smoke." 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

JUST YUCK

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dbush0584:

....cigarette smoking, whiskey drinking, gun carrying, potty mouth...I have ALOT of tattoos and piercings.

I always see these posts complaining about these things but I'm not sure I see the problem as long as everything is done responsibly. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Sure, lol.

You will always get bashed for your cigarettes because they are bad for your health, as well as everyone who comes in contact with your 2nd hand smokes health. *personally,I hateeee cigs!*

Your whiskey drinking depends. Eeryone enjoys a drink here and there. You will get bashed however if you get drunk while taking care of your kids or infront of them. Thats just irrisponsible. Or, if you are an alcoholic of course.

Gun carrying. My husband and I also have guns. As long as gun safety is taught in your home, and rules are followed, its no big deal. But you will get bashed from the anti-gun crazies.

potty mouth mayhem. You will get bashed bc You must not be a lady if you cuss and are teaching your children potty words. Some people just do not understand how good the word fuck tastes in the mouth ;) note the sarcasm on that one

Tattoos and piercings. Ahh, good old individuality. You will get bashed bc your look is offensive and scary, misunderstood and prejudiced against. Especially if youre a mom, be prepared for the bashing.

raegan1221
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Lol..Hey as long as you're not doing anything crazy around your kids lol. But then again it's none of our business. Nothing wrong with it...:)

liz.1986
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My Hubby took me to look at guns this last weekend. It was such an adrenaline rush just looking at them! I can't wait to learn to shoot and get my license. :)

Quoting dbush0584:

Yay for guns :)

Quoting liz.1986:

We have anonymous posting too!

Join us every Friday for our "I'll take that dare!" viewing parties!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You should try to quit smoking just because it isn't healthy and you want to be around a long time so you can enjoy your other vices!!

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure she meant she was gonna change that by becoming a gun owner/carrier. Nobody's trying to take your guns away.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Lol, have fun trying to remove the right to bear arms. That will never happen in this country.

Quoting liz.1986:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Which part needs the clarification?

cigarette smoking-I dont smoke around my kids or in close proximity to others (unless im already smoking and they walk up on me...not my fault)

whiskey drinking-I dont drink every day...only in moderation and never drive after drinking

gun carrying-I have my CHL and practice at the range often, as well as teach my kids the dos and donts of guns.

potty mouth-I cuss all the time but my kids know that they shouldnt.  I also watch my lanuage around other peoples kids.

tattoos and piercings-IDK...i dont have any neck tattos?  I dont necessarily think its irresponsible to get a neck tattoo though.  I also wouldnt take a childs cartoon character and put it on my body naked or smoking weed or something like that.  I think thats trashy,

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I agree. I am not sure what your definition of "responsibly" is though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN