Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I playing with fire again?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I go on another site where I have asked old an old "boyfriends" to be my friend.

I'm married almost 26 years, love my DH more today than ever. I finally found the guy who was "the first".  We only knew eachother for 6 months.  I'll unfriend him if he ever responds, and I start daydreaming or dreaming at night about him. I HAVE DONE THAT BEFORE. I think I want to know what it was like for him after we stopped seeing eachother because I suffered in silence for a long long time. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

If you can see a counselor, I'd recommend it. 

You can create a fantasy person in your head that is a lot better than the person sleeping beside you in bed. Memories of your first love can be very different from the reality of the time. 

Don't fool with this guy. Chances are, he's married or in a relationship. Try to think how you'd feel if one of your husbands old girlfriends wanted to "catch up" with him, or if he did the same. Turn your focus back on your marriage and get your mind away from this fantasy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I have to chuckle, but I appreciate where you are comming from.  I can see from his profile page that he has three little kids and is divorced.  Last thing I'm doing is haveing a fantasy that anyone is better than my DH. 

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

unfriend him now imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

unfriend him now imo.

I did cancel the request.  Thanks for caring.

couponluv72
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM

yes you are playing with fire woman

Vicious_fairy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Smh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on May. 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Don't wanna get burnt.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

good :)

& I really wasn't trying to sound bitchy

My DH had an emotional affair on me a few years ago & it started much like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

unfriend him now imo.

I did cancel the request.  Thanks for caring.

"Here's to the memories, these are my souvenirs. . .I wouldn't trade it for anything" -Switchfoot.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

if you have to ask (if you are playing with fire)   then you know the answer - yes you are.   if you want to maintain you rhappy marriage - dont dig up old boyfriends - they are in your past for a reason - either he or you didnt want to be together anymore.   let it go.   if you cant - then you shouldnt have gotten married - really ?  right?  idk?  just seems like logic to me?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I know, the title was an atempt at makeing it sound worth reading.  That is the point of this whole website.

So he and I did not become "friends." The guy answered my first message.  I sent a followup question which he couldn't answer, it has been nearly 27yrs, who could blame him. I thanked him for his time and have not gotten or sent any more messages.  Truely I do feel better.  I married my husband when I was in my early teen years, there aren't anymore old relationships that occupy my mind. 

Seems I'm haveing trouble with maintaining the font size here and IDK why.

Quoting AmaliaD:

if you have to ask (if you are playing with fire)   then you know the answer - yes you are.   if you want to maintain you rhappy marriage - dont dig up old boyfriends - they are in your past for a reason - either he or you didnt want to be together anymore.   let it go.   if you cant - then you shouldnt have gotten married - really ?  right?  idk?  just seems like logic to me?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)