Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"All Pittbulls are vicious" *video*

YEAH RIGHT!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
GeoffsBrat13
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM
It's all in how you train the dog and how much responsibility you take in that dogs life.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Here you go, research it yourself:

This year so far.. 6 deaths were fatalities due to dog attacks. 3/6 were from pit bulls.

59-year old Diane Jansen, Escondido, CA= pit bull

16 month old , Jace Paul Valdez, Magnolia, TX = pit bull

84-year old, Mable Harrison McCallister,  Cleveland, TN = pit bull

The other dogs from 2012 were:  In the case of a 2 day old it was unclear if it was the Husky or Pit Bull that killed the baby in PA.  It's assumed it was the husky because it previously killed the family cat a few days prior.

In the case of the 6 year old out of Kentucky, it was a German Shepard.

In the case of a 17 month old, out of Jacksonville, FL.. it was a rotwieler.

2011:

Linda Leal, 51-years old | Colusa, CA = pit bull

Makayla Woodard, 5-years old | Waxhaw, NC = TWO pit bulls

Kristen Dutton, 9-years old | Modoc, SC =Japanese akita

Ronnie Waldo, 51-years old | Randolph, MS = THREE pit bulls

Sirlinda Hayes, 66-years old | Dillon County, SC = Two Rotwielers

Darius Tillman, 15-days old | Kalamazoo, MI = pit bull

Vanessa Husmann , 3-years old | Hopkinton, IA = Two rotwielers

Jennie Erquiaga, 47-years old | San Bernardino, CA= pit bull

Larry Armstrong, 55-years old | McKinley County, NM = unknown breed of pack of dogs

Annabella Mitchell, 7-months old | Frankfort, ME = rotwieler

Virgil Cantrell, 50-years old | Ardmore, OK = pit bull

Margaret Salcedo, 48-years old | Truth or Consequences, NM = FOUR pit bulls

Jayelin Graham, 4-years old | Brooklyn, NY= Cane corso-mix

David Haigler, 38-years old | Spotsylvania County, VA = pit bull

Roy McSweeney, 74-years old | Putnam County, FL= two pit bulls

Salvador Cotto, 6-months old | Chesterfield, VA = pit bull

Michael Naglee, 11-months old | Nehalem, OR = american bull dog

Darla Napora, 32-years old | Pacifica, CA = pit bull

James Dowling, 4-years old | Ozark, AR= rotwieler

Michael Cook, 61-years old | Tucson, AZ = pit bull

Carmen Ramos, 50-years old | Philadelphia, PA = 5 pit bulls

Addyson Camerino, 9-days old | Clarkton, NC= killed by 5 different breeds of dogs including: pit bull, bulldog, Alaskan malamute, German shepherd and German shepherd-bulldog mix.

Brayden McCollen, 2-weeks old | Cypress, TX = pit bull

Donna Conrad, 71-years old | Valley View, TX =Doberman pinscher

Nevaeh Bryant, 20-months old | West Haven, CT =  three pit bulls

Mya Maria Maeda, 11-days old | Amarillo, TX = pit bull

Edna Dyson, 71-years old | Houston, TX = pit bull

Joseph Hines, 58-years old | Burnettsville, IN = pit bull

Tonia Parks, 39-years old | Rockford, IL= pit bull

Misti Wyno, 40-years old | Valdosta, GA = pit bull

Emako Mendoza, 76-years old | San Diego, CA= pit bull (2)

22 deals due to a pit bull.. 71%

So dear, I highly recommend YOU research yourself.

The CDC has records of this. You can start there.

Quoting GeoffsBrat13:

Quoting jessi2girls:

they may not ALL be vicious, but they aren't all innocent..

they kill more people each year, than all other breeds combined.

I highly recommend you do more research to back that up.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

For every 1 pittbull attack there are 100 chiuauaha SP? attacks! ALL pittbulls ARE innocent. Its stupid idiots that make them mean. Its NOT the breeds fault.

Quoting jessi2girls:

1- It's not all human's that make a bred bad.  Assuming it's all the owners fault is ignorant. It's like saying all serial killers are serial killers because their parents made them that way.  

2-Even assuming it IS all the "owners" fault, (which it's not), where is your accountability?   hmm? Your dog gets out and kills a kid walking down your street.. and what happens? Your dog gets put down.. how come you aren't put down too? It's presumably YOUR fault right? If your dog attacks? So, then let's put down the owners of those dogs instead! 

3-I didn't say other breds of dogs didn't inflict harm.. I said pit bulls are the most DEADLY! 

My dog has NEVER shown the first sign of agression, know why? Because I didnt teach her to be that way.  If you teach any animal to be gentle and loving that is how they will be. Its idiots that think its "cool" or "funny" to teach a dog to be violent that makes them that way. If a dog isnt taught to be violent they wont be. Its common sense. I agree with you 100% though that if a dog attacks somebody they should face harsh consequences too. Because it IS the owners fault.

I know plenty of owners that make those same claims as you... until their dog turns..

Again.. are you going to blame all serial killers on bad parenting? Sure some of it can be traced back to a screwed up raising, but that can't account for all.  Especially in breeds like these.  Why? Some of it's due to genetic make up. And like any species, there is of course the chance of mental flaws..

common sense can tell you we aren't the only species to have mental illnesses. In fact some species are more prone than others to this.  

BUT bottom line: does it really matter if it's the owners fault or the dogs? Not really..   We clearly know that pit bulls account for more fatalities than any other breed combined. 

So promoting the animal as if it has never killed or hurt anyone is foolish.   We SHOULD promote that it's dangerous, that way those who still choose to own one, can take the proper time to:

1: make sure THEY can properly train the dog

2: make sure the animal is properly restrained while outside of the property of the owners.

3: Make sure the dog is registered, so that, in the event, lets assume you are right, that it is poor ownership, the owners can be found and can take full responsibility. Which means, charges of manslaughter in the first degree if the dog kills, and assault with a deadly weapon in the case of bites that are not fatal.

If you want to own a dog that can kill, you should have all the resources and have to go through the system to obtain one.  

Those who illegally own one, should be jailed, the same as owning any other illegal weapon.

WesleysMom0627
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

For every 1 pittbull attack there are 100 chiuauaha SP? attacks! ALL pittbulls ARE innocent. Its stupid idiots that make them mean. Its NOT the breeds fault.

Quoting jessi2girls:

1- It's not all human's that make a bred bad.  Assuming it's all the owners fault is ignorant. It's like saying all serial killers are serial killers because their parents made them that way.  

2-Even assuming it IS all the "owners" fault, (which it's not), where is your accountability?   hmm? Your dog gets out and kills a kid walking down your street.. and what happens? Your dog gets put down.. how come you aren't put down too? It's presumably YOUR fault right? If your dog attacks? So, then let's put down the owners of those dogs instead! 

3-I didn't say other breds of dogs didn't inflict harm.. I said pit bulls are the most DEADLY! 

My dog has NEVER shown the first sign of agression, know why? Because I didnt teach her to be that way.  If you teach any animal to be gentle and loving that is how they will be. Its idiots that think its "cool" or "funny" to teach a dog to be violent that makes them that way. If a dog isnt taught to be violent they wont be. Its common sense. I agree with you 100% though that if a dog attacks somebody they should face harsh consequences too. Because it IS the owners fault.

I know plenty of owners that make those same claims as you... until their dog turns..

Again.. are you going to blame all serial killers on bad parenting? Sure some of it can be traced back to a screwed up raising, but that can't account for all.  Especially in breeds like these.  Why? Some of it's due to genetic make up. And like any species, there is of course the chance of mental flaws..

common sense can tell you we aren't the only species to have mental illnesses. In fact some species are more prone than others to this.  

BUT bottom line: does it really matter if it's the owners fault or the dogs? Not really..   We clearly know that pit bulls account for more fatalities than any other breed combined. 

So promoting the animal as if it has never killed or hurt anyone is foolish.   We SHOULD promote that it's dangerous, that way those who still choose to own one, can take the proper time to:

1: make sure THEY can properly train the dog

2: make sure the animal is properly restrained while outside of the property of the owners.

3: Make sure the dog is registered, so that, in the event, lets assume you are right, that it is poor ownership, the owners can be found and can take full responsibility. Which means, charges of manslaughter in the first degree if the dog kills, and assault with a deadly weapon in the case of bites that are not fatal.

If you want to own a dog that can kill, you should have all the resources and have to go through the system to obtain one.  

Those who illegally own one, should be jailed, the same as owning any other illegal weapon.

It aggervates me how completly ignorant you are. There is soo much to say but I cant type as fast as my mind is working. Any animal can kill. Im guessing you had a bad experience with this breed if so im sorry. But just know that not all are like that. I wouldnt own any other breed. Ive had 7 pitts and the one in the video is my sons. I got her the week before he was born while she was just a newborn herself. they slept together, played together, and have often shared meals thanks to a sneaky little boy who doesnt like veggies. She doesnt have a violent bone in her body. I wouldnt reccomend that you hurt my son though i dont think she would be calm for that but what she would do would be mild compared to what I would do. I have never seen a violent pit except for the ones at the pound that were taught to  be violent.

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

OH MY GOSH . The little boy is crushing the pit bull. Humans are so vicious. hahaha

It so cute when he is kissing the dog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
What ugly dogs. And yes, they are dangerous. It's the breed. You can raise it as a pup, love it to death and it could be a great, gentle dog until it dies.

But far too many times, those beloved family pets attack for no reason. They are the most dangerous breed out there..... because fighting and aggression has been bread into them for so many years.

Blood line and temperment matter when getting a dog. Not just how your raise it.
tifbrown
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM

That is so sweet! I have found pits to be some of the best family dogs out there. In the right atmosphere and the right environment they can be the sweetest, most gentle animals. Clearly shown in this video.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a certified dog trainer and veterinarian and I would NEVER recommend a Pit for a family.

I've seen first hand how often a good dog turns and mauls a child to death. Very sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Nice fact checking. fail

Quoting jessi2girls:

WesleysMom0627
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN