Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"All Pittbulls are vicious" *video*

YEAH RIGHT!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Whisper85
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Oh yeah they are. I work with them at a shelter and I sat down so she could potty and she jumped on me and slobbered all over me! Never met a vicious one in my life however I have been attacked by a chow and he almost killed me. Oh and my dads Chihuahua he was a mean son of a gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

For every 1 pittbull attack there are 100 chiuauaha SP? attacks! ALL pittbulls ARE innocent. Its stupid idiots that make them mean. Its NOT the breeds fault.

Quoting jessi2girls:

they may not ALL be vicious, but they aren't all innocent..

they kill more people each year, than all other breeds combined.

1- It's not all human's that make a bred bad.  Assuming it's all the owners fault is ignorant. It's like saying all serial killers are serial killers because their parents made them that way.  

2-Even assuming it IS all the "owners" fault, (which it's not), where is your accountability?   hmm? Your dog gets out and kills a kid walking down your street.. and what happens? Your dog gets put down.. how come you aren't put down too? It's presumably YOUR fault right? If your dog attacks? So, then let's put down the owners of those dogs instead! 

3-I didn't say other breds of dogs didn't inflict harm.. I said pit bulls are the most DEADLY! 

My dog has NEVER shown the first sign of agression, know why? Because I didnt teach her to be that way.  If you teach any animal to be gentle and loving that is how they will be. Its idiots that think its "cool" or "funny" to teach a dog to be violent that makes them that way. If a dog isnt taught to be violent they wont be. Its common sense. I agree with you 100% though that if a dog attacks somebody they should face harsh consequences too. Because it IS the owners fault.

I know plenty of owners that make those same claims as you... until their dog turns..

Again.. are you going to blame all serial killers on bad parenting? Sure some of it can be traced back to a screwed up raising, but that can't account for all.  Especially in breeds like these.  Why? Some of it's due to genetic make up. And like any species, there is of course the chance of mental flaws..

common sense can tell you we aren't the only species to have mental illnesses. In fact some species are more prone than others to this.  

BUT bottom line: does it really matter if it's the owners fault or the dogs? Not really..   We clearly know that pit bulls account for more fatalities than any other breed combined. 

So promoting the animal as if it has never killed or hurt anyone is foolish.   We SHOULD promote that it's dangerous, that way those who still choose to own one, can take the proper time to:

1: make sure THEY can properly train the dog

2: make sure the animal is properly restrained while outside of the property of the owners.

3: Make sure the dog is registered, so that, in the event, lets assume you are right, that it is poor ownership, the owners can be found and can take full responsibility. Which means, charges of manslaughter in the first degree if the dog kills, and assault with a deadly weapon in the case of bites that are not fatal.

If you want to own a dog that can kill, you should have all the resources and have to go through the system to obtain one.  

Those who illegally own one, should be jailed, the same as owning any other illegal weapon.

It aggervates me how completly ignorant you are. There is soo much to say but I cant type as fast as my mind is working. Any animal can kill. Im guessing you had a bad experience with this breed if so im sorry. But just know that not all are like that. I wouldnt own any other breed. Ive had 7 pitts and the one in the video is my sons. I got her the week before he was born while she was just a newborn herself. they slept together, played together, and have often shared meals thanks to a sneaky little boy who doesnt like veggies. She doesnt have a violent bone in her body. I wouldnt reccomend that you hurt my son though i dont think she would be calm for that but what she would do would be mild compared to what I would do. I have never seen a violent pit except for the ones at the pound that were taught to  be violent.

Dear, I'm not ignorant.

No, I personally have not had a pit bull attack me. I've seen them turn on friends, and their kids, yes. I've seen a rotweiler nearly kill a 2 year old in front of my eyes.  A dog that was well loved, and very well trained... who out of NOWHERE, literally turned on that two year old. Make excuses for why it's the owners fault.. blame the child, for what? Playing catch, saying good dog? And then getting her face torn off? A dog she grew up with?

Now, you can sit there and say, well all animals can kill.. but that negates your whole point of sticking up for animals.

Does that mean it's okay for you to go and get a lion, raise it right, and pray it doesn't eat your children? Yet  a parrot.. is it likely to kill your child? No. Might bite, which MAY break the skin.. but get real. The whole animals can kill argument is so ridiculous!  Obviously some animals can kill..

But here is the thing.. let's go with the whole "it's the human's fault"...

Bottomline, I don't give a shit who's fault it is, people are dying because of these animals.   Obviously this is a BIG problem.  A problem that many of you are failing to see.  

You want to look at it like it's the humans fault, then fine. These animals, are then deadly weapons. A problem that very much still needs to be dealt with.

Denying that this breed kills, helps no one, while more people continue to die. 

You want to help this bred?   Try advocating for stricter laws about owning this bred, and stricter penalties about what happens if and when they do bite and kill, and for all animals. Because guess what, it not only reduces problems from people like myself, but it also helps fight animal cruelty.

Pretending the bred is innocent and not deadly though? Makes more people want this breed, more people that don't know how to raise a dog.

See, even with your argument, that it's not the breed, it's the humans.. you still create more problems, than you solve.

Believe what you want. I know this breed kills and I won't have it around my children.

If you get lucky, great, if something happens to your kid or to a friends kid, or a neighbor, or the mailman, etc, because of your dog though... it's on you! 

Luna091306
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

This video broke my heart the first time I watched it. It still gives me chills. I am and always will be a "pitbull" advocate!

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Don't care who you want to blame, doesn't change the fact that it's a deadly breed that kills more people than any other breed of dog.

Pretending it doesn't, just kills more people and more dogs. Perhaps you should admit that all breeds of dogs are potentially dangerous and set higher requirements and standards, and accountability, and less people would be killed and bitten, less dogs would be abused and killed.

Quoting StevensCare4u:

I wish people would report those little rat ass dogs everytime one bit someone. But no they dont. You cant judge a dog just an irrisponsible dog owner. I have had all kinds of dogs & the only two that have ever ever bitten me is a poodle & a lab. ANd the lab bit my daughter too. Not my pits.

Quoting jessi2girls:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

So long as it's not around my children, you do what you want...

your child get's bite or killed, or your dog bites or kills someone.. it's on you.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

it wont stop me from getting a pit puppy though. i've been around pit bulls all my life and i refuse to own another breed

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

For every 1 pittbull attack there are 100 chiuauaha SP? attacks! ALL pittbulls ARE innocent. Its stupid idiots that make them mean. Its NOT the breeds fault.

Quoting jessi2girls:

1- It's not all human's that make a bred bad.  Assuming it's all the owners fault is ignorant. It's like saying all serial killers are serial killers because their parents made them that way.  

2-Even assuming it IS all the "owners" fault, (which it's not), where is your accountability?   hmm? Your dog gets out and kills a kid walking down your street.. and what happens? Your dog gets put down.. how come you aren't put down too? It's presumably YOUR fault right? If your dog attacks? So, then let's put down the owners of those dogs instead! 

3-I didn't say other breds of dogs didn't inflict harm.. I said pit bulls are the most DEADLY! 

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
We have our second pit. Our first on passed away 2 yrs ago. He loved and protected the boys. Our second one now.....we've had him since he was a puppy....h is 2 now. Bye is the best friend to our boys. He Plays with them. Protects them and loves them. Pitbulls are great family dogs. It the bad people who train them to fight and when they are abused that they become vicious. Just like any other dog would. It's. Q shame they have such a bad rap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Freakin.Insane
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
i have an incredibly mean pit thats guarding my baby bump and stealing my cheetos :( evil bastard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karisma22
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Quoting jessi2girls:

I disagree with you.  Do you have documentation on this?

websites with info from 1979 to 1998

dogbitelaw.com/images/pdf/breeds-causing-BDRFs.pdf

enhs.umn.edu/current/6120/bites/dogbitefatal.html

Luna091306
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting WesleysMom0627:

Quoting jessi2girls:

My dog has NEVER shown the first sign of agression, know why? Because I didnt teach her to be that way.  If you teach any animal to be gentle and loving that is how they will be. Its idiots that think its "cool" or "funny" to teach a dog to be violent that makes them that way. If a dog isnt taught to be violent they wont be. Its common sense. I agree with you 100% though that if a dog attacks somebody they should face harsh consequences too. Because it IS the owners fault.

I know plenty of owners that make those same claims as you... until their dog turns..

Again.. are you going to blame all serial killers on bad parenting? Sure some of it can be traced back to a screwed up raising, but that can't account for all.  Especially in breeds like these.  Why? Some of it's due to genetic make up. And like any species, there is of course the chance of mental flaws..

common sense can tell you we aren't the only species to have mental illnesses. In fact some species are more prone than others to this.  

BUT bottom line: does it really matter if it's the owners fault or the dogs? Not really..   We clearly know that pit bulls account for more fatalities than any other breed combined. 

So promoting the animal as if it has never killed or hurt anyone is foolish.   We SHOULD promote that it's dangerous, that way those who still choose to own one, can take the proper time to:

1: make sure THEY can properly train the dog

2: make sure the animal is properly restrained while outside of the property of the owners.

3: Make sure the dog is registered, so that, in the event, lets assume you are right, that it is poor ownership, the owners can be found and can take full responsibility. Which means, charges of manslaughter in the first degree if the dog kills, and assault with a deadly weapon in the case of bites that are not fatal.

If you want to own a dog that can kill, you should have all the resources and have to go through the system to obtain one.  

Those who illegally own one, should be jailed, the same as owning any other illegal weapon.

It aggervates me how completly ignorant you are. There is soo much to say but I cant type as fast as my mind is working. Any animal can kill. Im guessing you had a bad experience with this breed if so im sorry. But just know that not all are like that. I wouldnt own any other breed. Ive had 7 pitts and the one in the video is my sons. I got her the week before he was born while she was just a newborn herself. they slept together, played together, and have often shared meals thanks to a sneaky little boy who doesnt like veggies. She doesnt have a violent bone in her body. I wouldnt reccomend that you hurt my son though i dont think she would be calm for that but what she would do would be mild compared to what I would do. I have never seen a violent pit except for the ones at the pound that were taught to  be violent.

Dear, I'm not ignorant.

No, I personally have not had a pit bull attack me. I've seen them turn on friends, and their kids, yes. I've seen a rotweiler nearly kill a 2 year old in front of my eyes.  A dog that was well loved, and very well trained... who out of NOWHERE, literally turned on that two year old. Make excuses for why it's the owners fault.. blame the child, for what? Playing catch, saying good dog? And then getting her face torn off? A dog she grew up with?

Now, you can sit there and say, well all animals can kill.. but that negates your whole point of sticking up for animals.

Does that mean it's okay for you to go and get a lion, raise it right, and pray it doesn't eat your children? Yet  a parrot.. is it likely to kill your child? No. Might bite, which MAY break the skin.. but get real. The whole animals can kill argument is so ridiculous!  Obviously some animals can kill..

But here is the thing.. let's go with the whole "it's the human's fault"...

Bottomline, I don't give a shit who's fault it is, people are dying because of these animals.   Obviously this is a BIG problem.  A problem that many of you are failing to see.  

You want to look at it like it's the humans fault, then fine. These animals, are then deadly weapons. A problem that very much still needs to be dealt with.

Denying that this breed kills, helps no one, while more people continue to die. 

You want to help this bred?   Try advocating for stricter laws about owning this bred, and stricter penalties about what happens if and when they do bite and kill, and for all animals. Because guess what, it not only reduces problems from people like myself, but it also helps fight animal cruelty.

Pretending the bred is innocent and not deadly though? Makes more people want this breed, more people that don't know how to raise a dog.

See, even with your argument, that it's not the breed, it's the humans.. you still create more problems, than you solve.

Believe what you want. I know this breed kills and I won't have it around my children.

If you get lucky, great, if something happens to your kid or to a friends kid, or a neighbor, or the mailman, etc, because of your dog though... it's on you! 

Why is it that you feel this breed is more deadly than others? Because the media says so? Show me statistics that proves "pitbulls" are more vicious and likely to bite than any other breed. Truth is any breed has the potential to bite. Shortly before my dd's 4th birthday she was bit in the face by my parent's GOLDEN RETRIEVER. She required too many stitches to count. He nearly took her eye and came centimeters from puncturing her ear drum. The hospital asked what happened and no report was ever made. I live in an area that is constantly targeting pitbulls and will report even insignificant bites, yet when a golden retriever bites no newscast wants to jump on it and the dog was not even put down. Don't you think that is a bit discriminatory?

The truth is pitbulls are bred to be non-people aggressive. They were originally used as herding dogs. Later they were bred to fight. So that the dogs did not turn on the owners when being pulled out of a dog fight, the ones that showed any sort of aggression towards humans were removed from the gene pool.

You don't want this breed of dog...fine. But banning a breed is essentially slaughter.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

karisma22
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What ugly dogs. And yes, they are dangerous. It's the breed. You can raise it as a pup, love it to death and it could be a great, gentle dog until it dies.

But far too many times, those beloved family pets attack for no reason. They are the most dangerous breed out there..... because fighting and aggression has been bread into them for so many years.

Blood line and temperment matter when getting a dog. Not just how your raise it.

They were not bred to attack humans.  They were originally bred for bull baiting.  Then people turned it into a sport.  After that became illegal people began breeding them to fight each other.  Human agression was not tolerated.  They had to be able to separate the dogs if they were so inclined.  

I believe dog fighting to be a vile, disgusting practice.  However, the dogs are not supposed to be people agressive.  It's the gang bangers and drug dealers, as well as some others, who have encouraged human agression.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)