Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: Conservatives irritate me

Posted by   + Show Post

Especially around election time.  The whole, "Anyone but Obama" and "Well why doesn't Super Obama wave his magic wand and change everything like he told you he would with his hopey changey speechs".

Ok really people, Repubicans are ruining this country.  Wake up and smell the roses.  The war on women, 2 unfunded wars, classism, ruling with the Bible and "god", making this country a "Christian" nation, and tearing the foundation of this country up because they rule with fear, emotions and a moral obligation to make life a living hell for liberals (just to name a few).

Why can't people stop voting using their emotions and fear based rhetoric and actually look in a damn history book and see what conservatism is doing?  Educate yourself damn it!

Sorry vent over.

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
bluespagan
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I really just don't understand it.  I was over on the Election 2012 Debate and Discussion board and I saw so much stupidity like one person who actually posted saying Republicans are for women's rights and another who said that Obama is trying to make the White House look like an Arabic home.  I have yet to see a liberal/Democrat bring anything to the table that is not a legitimate point.  Then again I did read a piece somewhere that showed how conservatives vote based mainly on emotion and liberals vote on logic.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this
its funny you say Republicans are the ones ruining this nation... Same can be said about the democrats. They're all fucked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Oh here it is!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/2011/09/07/your-brain-on-politics-the-cognitive-neuroscience-of-liberals-and-conservatives/

"Recent converging studies are showing that liberals tend to have a larger and/or more active anterior cingulate cortex, or ACC—useful in detecting and judging conflict and error—and conservatives are more likely to have an enlarged amygdala, where the development and storage of emotional memories takes place. "

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Also I think a lot of conservatives are one-issue voters. if everyone looked at the big picture instead of voting for a single issue (guns, abortion, Christianity) nobody would ever vote republican.

Quoting bluespagan:

I really just don't understand it.  I was over on the Election 2012 Debate and Discussion board and I saw so much stupidity like one person who actually posted saying Republicans are for women's rights and another who said that Obama is trying to make the White House look like an Arabic home.  I have yet to see a liberal/Democrat bring anything to the table that is not a legitimate point.  Then again I did read a piece somewhere that showed how conservatives vote based mainly on emotion and liberals vote on logic.

Mom2theboy1994
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Well, I may irritate you, but I still you are nifty, darn it. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m3lissa_16
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I have to try very, very hard to keep my cool with some of the conservatives on here. 

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, it would be nice for one vote if people used their brains & not their emotions, fear and bibles. There is a seperation of church and state for a reason, and then allowing someone to be president and say they will rule by their bible, egads. that's downright scary - free rights go out the window.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I got kicked out of that whack ass group. They cannot stand anyone who is a free thinker and all they do is spew racist venom. Did you see all of the anti-Michelle haters??? Bunch of dumb Conservative twats over there.

Quoting bluespagan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM
You are a better Woman than me.

Quoting m3lissa_16:

I have to try very, very hard to keep my cool with some of the conservatives on here. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Oh no they got to you!

*sigh* I will look past it.  (((hugs))) I still think you are nifty too.

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

Well, I may irritate you, but I still you are nifty, darn it. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)