Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: Conservatives irritate me

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
  • 144 Replies
12 moms liked this

Especially around election time.  The whole, "Anyone but Obama" and "Well why doesn't Super Obama wave his magic wand and change everything like he told you he would with his hopey changey speechs".

Ok really people, Repubicans are ruining this country.  Wake up and smell the roses.  The war on women, 2 unfunded wars, classism, ruling with the Bible and "god", making this country a "Christian" nation, and tearing the foundation of this country up because they rule with fear, emotions and a moral obligation to make life a living hell for liberals (just to name a few).

Why can't people stop voting using their emotions and fear based rhetoric and actually look in a damn history book and see what conservatism is doing?  Educate yourself damn it!

Sorry vent over.

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm a Democrat. I have to "hide" certain people on Facebook during election season to preserve our friendships. This whole birth control debacle is especially infuriating. 

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Lincoln was a republican.  just sayin

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I agree
kellieknits
2 moms liked this
It's just like when Bush/Kerry were running and it was "anyone but Bush". Few I heard that from had a real reason to vote for Kerry other than the fact he wasn't Bush. I don't get involved in politics, but damn, have a reason for your vote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoLee12345
Sorry, Republican here! But I respect your view!
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Ditto!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM
11 moms liked this
Back then the parties were reversed. Just sayin.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I couldn't agree more! Especially with the whole stupid "christian nation" thing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
11 moms liked this
I think politicians in general are ruining this country. It doesn't matter what side they sit on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Except the original Republican party is nowhere close to how it is today.  The current Republican party is moreso a "conservative" party but that is not how it originally was.  Comparing Republicans now to Republicans 100 years ago is comparing apples to oranges.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)