Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: Conservatives irritate me

Posted by   + Show Post

Especially around election time.  The whole, "Anyone but Obama" and "Well why doesn't Super Obama wave his magic wand and change everything like he told you he would with his hopey changey speechs".

Ok really people, Repubicans are ruining this country.  Wake up and smell the roses.  The war on women, 2 unfunded wars, classism, ruling with the Bible and "god", making this country a "Christian" nation, and tearing the foundation of this country up because they rule with fear, emotions and a moral obligation to make life a living hell for liberals (just to name a few).

Why can't people stop voting using their emotions and fear based rhetoric and actually look in a damn history book and see what conservatism is doing?  Educate yourself damn it!

Sorry vent over.

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes. Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes. Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain. ~Butthole Surfers

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Replies (101-110):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Very well said! It makes me wonder sometimes why they are yelling so loudly, I wonder what they are trying to slip in the back door...

Then I get sad because I realize these people were ELECTED...

Quoting MsDenuninani:

I'd love to have a very real debate on what role government should play in the daily lives of people, and in our institutions.  I'd love to talk about what kind of help we would like to see the government provide, and where we think its role in our lives is too big. I'd love to have an honest talk about how much money the government receives in revenue, what it's paying, and how to fix it.

Instead, we get a bunch of polarizing language from politicians that gets parrotted back from media-talking-head types,  ginned up so that we give them money because of our fear of what the other side might do.  It's crap, and we deserve better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM
This. You typed exactly what I was thinking lol.
We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

Democrats and Republicans in general annoy the shit out of me.

I'm a fiscal conservative, but I'm not a Republican---I'm a Libertarian. I do believe Obama is a poor president. I also believe Romney would be. Frankly, I think we're shit outta luck the next 4 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I love throwing out the First Amendment when people start that whole "America was built on Christianity" BS.

Quoting LucyMom08:

o.O Really?!?

Have you ever read the constitution?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but this nation was built on a Christian foundation. So how is today "making this country a "Christian" nation, and tearing the foundation of this country up because they rule with fear" when that's how this country started? Millions would actually like it to stay that way. It's how the constitution was written and I'm pretty damn sure they aren't going to make a new constitution!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I felt the same way in '04. There simply wasn't a good choice. And look what happened---the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. Its scary.

Quoting mishamama:

We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

I'm a fiscal conservative, but I'm not a Republican---I'm a Libertarian. I do believe Obama is a poor president. I also believe Romney would be. Frankly, I think we're shit outta luck the next 4 years.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

If only more people would research decisions, we might have had a chance with Ron Paul...

Quoting mishamama:

We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It is usually extremely entertaining to watch them try to backtrack ;)

Quoting mishamama:

I love throwing out the First Amendment when people start that whole "America was built on Christianity" BS.

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Hard to believe I was only 13 back then, didn't know what a big impact that would have on my family and I later on...

Quoting radioheid:

I felt the same way in '04. There simply wasn't a good choice. And look what happened---the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. Its scary.

Quoting mishamama:

We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
radioheid
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I was 21. That was the first presidential election in which I was eligible to vote. I missed voting in the '00 election by 4 months.

Quoting mishamama:

Hard to believe I was only 13

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting mishamama:

We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I'm not a fan of either party, but the current state of the republican party (as in, over the last decade) is disturbing to me. 

Also, I found this funny and have to share:

mishamama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM
This would be my first year voting, except I'm not voting. Didn't even bother to register. -.-

Quoting radioheid:

I was 21. That was the first presidential election in which I was eligible to vote. I missed voting in the '00 election by 4 months.

Quoting mishamama:

Hard to believe I was only 13

Quoting radioheid:

Quoting mishamama:

We're doomed, man.

Quoting radioheid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN