Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any interior designers on here (or anyone who has an eye for decorating)? HELP!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  • 74 Replies

So DH finally put the two shelves next to the two TVs in our living room.  An electrician is here as we speak moving the outlets up so they are behind the TV.   When he is finished there will be no wires, outlets or phone extensions there.  The wall underneath will be completely bare.

I would like to put something along the wall under the TVs because they look so plain but I don't know what.  We're not going to paint the walls anything but white because we will not be here that long.  We are moving in 2-ish years and will rent this place out, it's a pita to paint the walls over and over.  

Any suggestions?  I am probably the least creative person ever.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbaby1977
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM
3 moms liked this
A buffet type table would be nice. A long but thin one, nothing bulky. You could put family pics all over it in diff sized frames to dress it up a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Quoting angelbaby1977:

A buffet type table would be nice. A long but thin one, nothing bulky. You could put family pics all over it in diff sized frames to dress it up a bit.

I know I'm asking for a lot here but can you google some for me and post them on here.  I never even thought of that!  Would you get a colorful one to make the room pop?

We have a brown and black theme going on.  Our Furniture is chocolate leather, our throw rug is dark brown and the TVs and shelves are black.  Our side table is brown and our lamps are black.  

angelbaby1977
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Sure, let me look a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiK
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

A buffet table or a dresser would look cute! Maybe with family pics on it. And... just curious, why the heck do you have two TVs right next to each other? Lol.

MandiK
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I just realized I said pretty much the exact same thing as the last person, sorry. Lol.

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I like the idea of the long thin table underneath.

Question though. Why the 2 tvs?

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Pottery Barn has media storage.  Let me grab some pics.

mitchiesgirl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM
A long, not bulky buffet table or something for storage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I would say something that looks like a built in shelf. Maybe like a mock entertainment center. It would have to span the wall to make it the focal point. Can I ask why there are two tvs? That might help. 

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Like this but longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN