Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My name is Heather McConnell.

I have a support group for women like you, US.

We need to unite, and share our stories, and our stories of improvement, hope, and strength.

Facebook. Heather McConnell.

Add me, and I can add you to the group. 

Look forward to speaking with you all.

Heather McConnell

Lansing, Michigan.

My profile pic is my face, sideways kinda. White headband, dark hair, and weird eyes.

URL

http://www.facebook.com/h.scheezy

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Bump
LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Lmao. I need a e-order of protection.

Quoting hp2011:

LOL

People are passionate about this topic on both sides. 

And, I have no posse... and few friends IRL. LMAO.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

I totally agree with that! Now can you stop your posse from trying to e-jump me, lmao. You understand what I was saying and you mis-read which is fine we all do that when we think someone is attacking us, but these women see one getting offended then everyone wants to jump & e-slap.

Quoting hp2011:

Oh, no. It's nothing like that at all. Simply trying to reach out and create a band of mothers who were wronged by the system.

&it's okay!

Quoting LovelyJay512:

I do apologize for being a little bitchy with my last post but I did NOT mean anything bad towards it AT ALL, I'm not one of these nasty judging bitches on this site. I'm sorry you went through that, truly am.

See that's whats wrong with this society when real bad things are happening to children they don't do SHIT! When you're being a great parent they want to ruin your life. It's a fucked up system! I hate it, they called CPS on my mother when I was 16 believe it or not because I had bruises on my arm and leg, I was in a bike accident and they came to my house and it's was horrible, I was a well taken cared of kid!

So I see what your group is all about, I respect it completely as long as it's false accusations and no one really abused their child and it's all 'hear-say'.

Quoting hp2011:

Abusing a child is never okay. 

I was abused, reported 3 times to CPS as a child, personally, against my step father. 

Nothing was done.

I apologize, I indeed did misread.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

See you obviously can't read correctly, majority of you women take what someone says out of context.

Did I ever say in my post YOU deserve so and so? NO. Read correctly. "In SOME cases."

Btw, I could state whatever I'd like, that's my opinion and express it as much as I'd like especially when I NEVER said anything "negative."

So let me get this straight abusig your child is OKAY? Is that right?! Please.

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting LovelyJay512:

If a woman is dealing with CPS they've done something wrong and neglectful to their kid(s); in SOME cases.

I don't think if you hurt your child or do anything neglectful to them you deserve a "support" group. You need a psychiatrist. The only thing that needs support are the kids.

You weren't there.

You don't know what happened.

Keep your negative opinion to yourself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I had CPS called on me by a teacher of a foster child we had in our home.  The child claimed I shoved my hand down her throat and cut her in the back of her mouth, child was 6 and had been abused by family, friends, even her oldest sister who was also in care.  CPS came out did an investigation which was very stressful, we had a 3rd party come to the interview so that anything said by wither parties couldn't be changed on the CPS workers report because as licensed foster parents we had learned how terrible they are at sticking to the truth.  The results were unfounded and we continued to foster until this last year when we finalized adoptions on our 4th and 5th child (all through foster care).  We have had kids in our care who to this day we never understood why they were removed and we happy to see them go home, parents do get wrongly accused and have kids removed because it's about what CPS worker believes, etc.  I think what you are trying to do sounds great for the moms who have dealt wiht the false accuzations and need somewhere to talk to others who have been there done that.  Kuddos for you, I hope you are able to get things worked out and be a family again.  Not even the cases were CPS finds abuse or neglect happened need to lead to termination, much of it can be resolved with counseling and parenting classes.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting JaydeesLaydee:

What's your Facebook link? I tried searching you by name but a different Heather McConnell came up.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

There are so many people with your name, I'm not sure which one you are!

There you go dear.

SORRY LOL

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

lol and I agree. I think that's the biggest problem in the system. It doesn't even make sense either. I will never understand it. Sorry your mom went through it.

My mom did too, but she was an alcoholic. They did nothing to help me even though I told them what was going on.

A few years later they finally got involved more seriously when I was grown and it was just my little sister in her house. Then they turn around and use false allegations against me and my fiance. and because of my telling them about my mom, and my "record" with them as a kid, they actually used that against me! Even though they did nothing.

^ well that was a mouthful lol. But yeah, I hope someday I can learn to forgive what has happened..but it's been a long process.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

I wish we had a certain font to show others we're not 'arguing' with them. Lmao.

Thank you for understanding, these e-meanies want to jump for every little thing! My mother had an experience a few times but they were all false, I know CPS could be straight assholes, they harass those who are really good parents but don't harass the ones who really hurt their child especially in NYS.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

lol.

Did I ever say that you said ALL? I'm just having a "debate" with you, spreading what knowledge I have from personal experience and through talking with others about theirs.

Actually, I don't see why people are getting offended by what you first wrote. I understand what you're saying, and a lot of times people don't understand some of it unless they live it.

Just to state it, I was never trying to attack what you wrote, and I'm not offended. *shrug* Sorry if I did offend you.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Dear, if you read my post correctly, I said "In SOME cases" I'm not going to argue my statement when I never said anything wrong. I did say if you hurt a child and do neglectful stuff you do NOT need a support group especially when you're hurting them.

I absolutely understand there are cases where women were falsely charged, again that's why I said in SOME cases. I never said ALL.

Quoting Angelicembrace:

CPS's definition of abuse is off the wall.

Did you know, if you even raise your voice, in any way, that's considered abuse?

From my personal experience, it's actually the opposite. MOST cases are not neglect or abuse, but instead, an abuse of power. That's not just from CPS themselves either, that's mandated reporters as well. If you make a doctor angry, they can very well file a false report, and even though it's clearly a bunch of BS, CPS will roll with it..and before you know it you're in a nightmare you didn't think was possible.

Also, CPS is supposed to support and help families. They do neither.At least not in my experience and numerous others.

Quoting LovelyJay512:

If a woman is dealing with CPS they've done something wrong and neglectful to their kid(s); in SOME cases.

I don't think if you hurt your child or do anything neglectful to them you deserve a "support" group. You need a psychiatrist. The only thing that needs support are the kids.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

o.o

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Think I found you!
You live in Michigan? From Cali?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM
4 moms liked this

My neighbor let her kids run wild they would be outside in just diapers sagging in the crotch to their knees and filthy dirty.   I had a fenced in back yard for my dogs and her kids kept opening up the gate to get my kids toys out (that they never asked to play with or put back) So I put a lock on my gate. No big deal right?  Wrong.  She got all pissed off at me and called CPS and told them I was doing drugs and letting my kids run wild dirty and naked . So cps and came in and inspected my house and gave me a home drug test which I passed. Told me the case will be closed and labeled as a false accusation.  The worker goes to leave and sees my neighbors kids outside and asked who they belonged to and I told her thems the chicks kids that called an reported me.   She said is that so and went right over there.  Next thing I know another car and the cops show up and the kids were taken away and mom was arrested for drug possession, child endangerment and neglect and filing a false statement with the CPS.   Talk about Karma.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

That is me!

Quoting Anonymous:

Think I found you!
You live in Michigan? From Cali?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)