Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a horrible mother and proud of it.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Or so some of you say. I yell at my kids when they are acting up...if they don't listen they get a pop on the butt. I pop them on the mouth when they disrespect me, my husband does the same. If they aren't ready to listen, they don't get up from the nice chair (time-out). I don't care if they have to sit there for 20 minutes. If they don't pick up their toys, I take them away. If they freak out, it is automatic bedtime. I have rules, and they listen. I love them and they love me.

If that makes me a horrible mom, I am proud to take that title. I am not raising entitled brats.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (171-171):
august_baby_09
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Not every kid needs to be spanked to listen. I have never spanked dd and I get compliments all the time on how well behaved she is. And no I don't bribe her either.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this will probably cause an uproar but i firmly believe that if you love your kids and want them to go in the right direction...then you spank them if they need it. So i dont think what you described is a bad mom at all. Your doing your job as a parent. I have met a lot of people who are tatally against spanking and for the most part they are the children you see running like crazy people all over the resturaunt while the parents eating are oblivious to their distraction to other people. Those children are harder to control and dont take their parents seriously and most of the time BRIBE their children into doing what they want. They are usually the children that no body wants to watch or that other people dread having over their house. I have encountered this more in children that the parents dont believe in spanking and only try to comprimise with their kids instead of bing firm and demand obedience in their kids or have consequences. Sorry if people dont agree but this is my views.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)