Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a horrible mother and proud of it.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Or so some of you say. I yell at my kids when they are acting up...if they don't listen they get a pop on the butt. I pop them on the mouth when they disrespect me, my husband does the same. If they aren't ready to listen, they don't get up from the nice chair (time-out). I don't care if they have to sit there for 20 minutes. If they don't pick up their toys, I take them away. If they freak out, it is automatic bedtime. I have rules, and they listen. I love them and they love me.

If that makes me a horrible mom, I am proud to take that title. I am not raising entitled brats.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

So you advocate hitting your child in the face?! Mom of the Year award right here!!

Quoting Sweets27:

Oh please! When I was a teen I was being disrespectful to my mom. She threatened to slap my face. I would've deserved it too if I did not stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Swatting your children in the MOUTH? Shame on you! You should NEVER hit/slap/smack/pop your kids in the face. Come on now...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Wait, so if you are proud to be a horriable mother, why post anonymously? Not trying to be mean just notice...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Never mind just read a negative post bashing you.
Sweets27
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Thanks anonymous!!

Quoting Anonymous:

So you advocate hitting your child in the face?! Mom of the Year award right here!!

Quoting Sweets27:

Oh please! When I was a teen I was being disrespectful to my mom. She threatened to slap my face. I would've deserved it too if I did not stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Swatting your children in the MOUTH? Shame on you! You should NEVER hit/slap/smack/pop your kids in the face. Come on now...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this
This sounds like a boot camp...nazi style. You don't have to "pop" them in order to make them listen...bullying them to secure their co-operation doesn't sound fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The title of your post is perfect for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I agree, we dont do it out of anger, we do it because we want our children to be proper people, not these disrespectful kids i always see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh i'm a horrible mother then too.  I will not let my child be disrespectful.  If she acts up, i tap her bum and it's definitely more of an injustice that i'm doing it than hurting her.  And when everyone says " oh what a well-behaved little girl you have" i guess i can answer, "thanks, it's because i'm a horrible mother"

heyma4
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Aside from the pop on the mouth I don't see any problem with any of that.I, personally, choose not to hit my kids, but I won't fault another mom for spanking theirs...if not done in an abusive way. When they were little we did the time out thing and now that they're older ( teens and pre-teens) it's grounding and taking away things ( the IPOD is the worst by far).

Mine are good, sure they have their moments, but they are well behaved respectful kids, definately not entitled. I've been told I'm mean for making them work for things though. Like their phones, or xbox subscription. If they want those, they have to earn it by washing dishes, cleaning, things like that. Also by going to their great grandparents house and helping them wuth whatever they need done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yeah, and it's not like i'm beating her.  she gets a pat on the bum (diapered bum) and it gets her attention.  she's a very well behaved two year old and i'm proud of that

Quoting AHmom103:

Same here. My girls know what will happen if they choose not to listen, so they tend to listen very well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh i'm a horrible mother then too.  I will not let my child be disrespectful.  If she acts up, i tap her bum and it's definitely more of an injustice that i'm doing it than hurting her.  And when everyone says " oh what a well-behaved little girl you have" i guess i can answer, "thanks, it's because i'm a horrible mother"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM
3 moms liked this
My house, my rules, my children. Nowhere in my post did I insult other parents. True colors are showing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN