Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a horrible mother and proud of it.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Or so some of you say. I yell at my kids when they are acting up...if they don't listen they get a pop on the butt. I pop them on the mouth when they disrespect me, my husband does the same. If they aren't ready to listen, they don't get up from the nice chair (time-out). I don't care if they have to sit there for 20 minutes. If they don't pick up their toys, I take them away. If they freak out, it is automatic bedtime. I have rules, and they listen. I love them and they love me.

If that makes me a horrible mom, I am proud to take that title. I am not raising entitled brats.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM

My girls are 2 and 4, my 4 year old gets 1-2 swats on her butt, depending on what she's being punished for. My 2 year old gets 1 swat on the butt, then a very short timeout for it to sink in. They both get tons of hugs and kisses when they're done being punished though, and I make sure they understand that I love them, but not their behaviour, and that they need to follow the rules if they don't want another swat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, and it's not like i'm beating her.  she gets a pat on the bum (diapered bum) and it gets her attention.  she's a very well behaved two year old and i'm proud of that

Quoting AHmom103:

Same here. My girls know what will happen if they choose not to listen, so they tend to listen very well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh i'm a horrible mother then too.  I will not let my child be disrespectful.  If she acts up, i tap her bum and it's definitely more of an injustice that i'm doing it than hurting her.  And when everyone says " oh what a well-behaved little girl you have" i guess i can answer, "thanks, it's because i'm a horrible mother"

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

heyjoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM
This is not terrible, as long as ur not full on punching ur kids in the face lol then its ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Same in my house! :)

Lovemusic0811
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Every parent have different methods... As long as your not beating your kids and I mean a real beating....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTramel2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Good for you! :) a lot of parents today don't discipline their kids and that's sad
Paperfishies
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Over 80% of US parents spank their children, so those "disrespectful" children you are always seeing have more than likely been spanked.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, we dont do it out of anger, we do it because we want our children to be proper people, not these disrespectful kids i always see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh i'm a horrible mother then too.  I will not let my child be disrespectful.  If she acts up, i tap her bum and it's definitely more of an injustice that i'm doing it than hurting her.  And when everyone says " oh what a well-behaved little girl you have" i guess i can answer, "thanks, it's because i'm a horrible mother"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

lol. Don't you know you have to beat respect into them or they will turn out to be spoiled entitled children?

Quoting Paperfishies:

I prefer to get real respect from my children, not forced, fake respect because they are trying to avoid being smacked in the face by their cunt of a mom or dickheaded father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly it!  I do the same thing, make sure she knows it's the behaviour that is not appreciated. tons of hugs and kisses and i love yous all the time too.  its a balancing game :)

Quoting AHmom103:

My girls are 2 and 4, my 4 year old gets 1-2 swats on her butt, depending on what she's being punished for. My 2 year old gets 1 swat on the butt, then a very short timeout for it to sink in. They both get tons of hugs and kisses when they're done being punished though, and I make sure they understand that I love them, but not their behaviour, and that they need to follow the rules if they don't want another swat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, and it's not like i'm beating her.  she gets a pat on the bum (diapered bum) and it gets her attention.  she's a very well behaved two year old and i'm proud of that

Quoting AHmom103:

Same here. My girls know what will happen if they choose not to listen, so they tend to listen very well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Are those really the stats? No wonder the non-hitters get the crap beat out of them by the big bad bully hitters. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

Over 80% of US parents spank their children, so those "disrespectful" children you are always seeing have more than likely been spanked.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, we dont do it out of anger, we do it because we want our children to be proper people, not these disrespectful kids i always see.

Quoting Anonymous:

Paperfishies
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I am by my kids, they know mommy will not physically assault them, instead I treat them like human beings...the result? Children who do not talk back, do what theyre told and listen well, children who KNOW their mom is here to protect them, not hit them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. I bet you are a really respected person.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I prefer to get real respect from my children, not forced, fake respect because they are trying to avoid being smacked in the face by their cunt of a mom or dickheaded father.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured