Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess.. I suck at this...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

my ds's 4th birthday is in May. we are having a small birthday party for him at a park in a covered pavilion.

When I asked him what kind of birthday party he wanted he said a "ghost party" Hes really big into tv shows like Ghost hunters, Ghost adventures, Paranormal State, and Paranormal Witness, along with Ghostbusters.

so I am trying to come up with a Ghost themed party that DOES NOT cliche Halloween themes. Its REALLY hard.  and frankly.. I SUCK at it.. this is all i have come up with so far............

but I have come up with a few games and thats the easy part.

But I need ideas for decor.I NEED MORE IDEAS HERE>>

I have black table clothes with white ghost confetti. little ghost decor that ill hang around in different spots. and were doing a cake in teh shape of a ghost with a tshirt on it that has the "ghost adventures" slogan.

and were giong to take black trash bags and cover 3 sides of the pavilion and shred the lower half of the bags into strips. (some of the ghost light up different colors or glow in the dark)

I have balloons that are white and black in the shape of a ghost or a ghost's face. and I have some RIP and "here lies...." Tombstones for table center peices(ill fill in each kids name on teh place card tombstones).

For the goody bags we got ghostly candy, eye ball suckers, and glow in the dark ghost stickers and tattoos, along with a flashlight for the "ghost hunt"

ghost hunt: which is all around the park play equipment. Were going to hang up 50 3 inch ghosts thruout and the kids will race around with their flashlights and find the ghost and put them in their bags (only 4 kids attending rest are adults)

for the games, were going to do the wrap a mummy- theyll have until the end of one "spooky song" to "mummify" someone of their choice (using toilet paper.

Also going to make a "spiderweb" with yarn(different colors) entangling around the picnic area on one end. a balloon will be attached to one end of the yarn, and a prize (ghost key chain, or some other "ghost" item) will be attached to the other end and the kids have to find their end to get the prize all while untangling the web.

for food, were making sandwhiches (deli meat style) and using a Ghost cookie cutter to cut them to shape. Along with eyeballs (tortilla wraps with a black olive in the middle) the cups have an eyeball in teh bottom of them. I NEED IDEAS HERE TOO>

Mom to Tucker Wayne~ May 2008 & Owen Mabry ~ DUE July 19th.  STBwife to Troy~ Sept 8, 2012.  Itworks body wrap rep~ NONextreme Couponer and trainer~ Christian~Pro-Life~Nonpolitical~Believes your choices for your children, are YOUR choices, Not mine.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lynnd4
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Go to Martha Stewart's site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

BUMP!

Mehganh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds awesome! He's so young you don't need more. You don't need to over do it. Sounds like you have enough stuff going on. Too much may be overwhelming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Sounds good to me- 

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Sounds like your doing a great job to me! Don't over think it mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN