Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when you are MORBIDLY obese....... *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

.... you're not just hurting yourself, you can hurt a lot of people

my hubby is a nurse and he just called and said he was injured at work. he completely pulled his shoulder out of the socket...

why?? because him and 4 other male nurses were lifting a 635lb patient from the rolling bed to her bed in her room!!

ugh not goood i hope he is okay. he says he is okay now but ugh..

i wish they had speical machines (cranes) to lift people that obese and not have to rely on other people to do so...

*rant over*

** I myself am overweight, and working on it, i need to lose 20-30lbs.. but i will NEVER understand how someone can get all the way up to 635lbs.. it doesn't happen over night people.. i understand maybe being 100-150lbs over weight, that can happen, and people can lose it.. but like 450lbs overweight?? AHHHH**

update: hubby just called.. he is going down to the ER of his hospital because the pain is now in his neck and shoulder and down his back.. if he doesnt go to the ER within 2-4 hours of the incident at work, the workers comp won't cover it. so hes going. i pray he wont be out of work =(

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Replies (51-60):
mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

ohh i've never heard that term. thats sad.. even though i don't understand being that big, i still think its very unprofessional for someone in the healthcare field to make fun of them =(

Quoting Anonymous:

In all seriousness though I feel really bad for people that are big like that. It hits a nerve because I have heard people in healthcare many times refer to them as "land tuna" and I see it as an addiction problem. As one person to another I can't imagine how they must feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure since we're on the Internet... Pics?

Quoting mrsbrimer:

DILLIGAF??

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for him, really. But you? Not so much.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

he did NOT violate any HIPPA laws. he never told me her name or medical condition. ALL he told me was that he was lifting a 635 lb patient to her bed and ripped his shoulder out.. and he NEVER said anything bad about her or mean about her weight. I was the one who was like "wtf ?!!?!?" he was acting like it was just another day

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they do have machines and the hospital should invest in one to protect both the patients and the employees. Also part of healthcare is not to be biased and help people. I'm sure the patient wouldn't appreciate your husband violating HIPPA laws and you running your mouth on the Internet

mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM

sooo true

Quoting weezer_cookie:

They don't. They die at 40 or younger. You don't see many 600 lb 90 year olds...

Quoting mrsbrimer:

i know right? i will never understand

Quoting Sheepy:

How can people live at 635lb?

Im not being mean,I am truly amazed at what the body can take!

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats that's awesome!! I think when I weigh in tomorrow I'll be down 10 pounds :) fingers crossed for me! Lol

Quoting mrsbrimer:

thanks!! i'm exactly like you.. when i crave something, i can't just have one little bite. ill eat a whole pizza or whatever.. you know? its hard but i've been controlling my portion sizes and i lost 10lbs so far!!

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

I hope your dh is ok :( ouch!

I'm overweight. I'm working on it as we speak, but, I see most obesity as an eating disorder. I know I personally struggle with binge eating and emotional eating. I can literally eat even after I'm full and not stop until I'm sick from it. It's something I must work on every time I eat. I'm not near that big, 600 pounds, I'm not even past 200, but I feel a lot of empathy to those who struggle with obesity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM
That absolutely terrifies me :( so sad

Quoting weezer_cookie:

They don't. They die at 40 or younger. You don't see many 600 lb 90 year olds...

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting Sheepy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM

good luck!! are you doing a certain diet program or just dieting on your own?

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Congrats that's awesome!! I think when I weigh in tomorrow I'll be down 10 pounds :) fingers crossed for me! Lol

Quoting mrsbrimer:

thanks!! i'm exactly like you.. when i crave something, i can't just have one little bite. ill eat a whole pizza or whatever.. you know? its hard but i've been controlling my portion sizes and i lost 10lbs so far!!

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

I'm overweight. I'm working on it as we speak, but, I see most obesity as an eating disorder. I know I personally struggle with binge eating and emotional eating. I can literally eat even after I'm full and not stop until I'm sick from it. It's something I must work on every time I eat. I'm not near that big, 600 pounds, I'm not even past 200, but I feel a lot of empathy to those who struggle with obesity.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Nope just counting calories. Trying to reduce sodium and not live off of carbs. Exercise and drink mostly water.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Isn't it? A lot of the morbidly obese are suicidal :(

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

That absolutely terrifies me :( so sad

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting Sheepy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM

thats awesome.. i am doing that too. i tried weight watchers with my MIL but its soooooo expensive and i can count points on my own without paying for it lol.. i have a bad addiction to soda that i cant break yet

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Nope just counting calories. Trying to reduce sodium and not live off of carbs. Exercise and drink mostly water.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't feel sorry for
those that walk openly into their own downfalls. I don't feel
sorry for alcoholics. I don't feel sorry for meth abusers. I don't feel sorry for grossly obese individuals. You may be pre-disposed to be a large individual. No one is pre-disposed to be 400 pounds or greater. The human skeleton isn't designed to carry that much weight. People put themselves into their own reality. I have no sympathy.
Quoting Anonymous:

In all seriousness though I feel really bad for people that are big like that. It hits a nerve because I have heard people in healthcare many times refer to them as "land tuna" and I see it as an addiction problem. As one person to another I can't imagine how they must feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

DILLIGAF??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

he did NOT violate any HIPPA laws. he never told me her name or medical condition. ALL he told me was that he was lifting a 635 lb patient to her bed and ripped his shoulder out.. and he NEVER said anything bad about her or mean about her weight. I was the one who was like "wtf ?!!?!?" he was acting like it was just another day

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah they do have machines and the hospital should invest in one to protect both the patients and the employees. Also part of healthcare is not to be biased and help people. I'm sure the patient wouldn't appreciate your husband violating HIPPA laws and you running your mouth on the Internet

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i like you

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't feel sorry for that walk openly into their own downfalls. I don't feel
sorry for alcoholics. I don't feel sorry for meth abusers. I don't feel sorry for grossly obese individuals. You may be pre-disposed to be a large individual. No one is pre-disposed to be 400 pounds or greater. The human skeleton isn't designed to carry that much weight. People put themselves into their own reality. I have no sympathy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

DILLIGAF??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mrsbrimer:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN