Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does your wedding ring...?

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?UmluZyw=?=

Here are mine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Replies (531-540):
lalaboosh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I scrub my ring when I'm in the bathtub with regular old soap and an old baby toothbrush. It's not the same as a pro cleaning job, but it works in the meantime and I was surprised at how bright it came out. Depending on your setting you could also use vinegar to clean it. If you think the stone is glued in I'd avoid doing that. (Lots of stones are glued in. If they don't have prongs they are likely glued in place unless it's set into the metal some other way, but if your setting looks more like it's framing the stone than holding it in place it's probably glued in> Your setting looks safe for vinegar since it's all prongy.)

Quoting VioletSpirit:

Thank you, my dh tried to find a lighter blue sapphire, but Jared's didn't carry one. I love it though, it was the thought that counts. I need to clean it, but I don't have the stuff to do it with.
Quoting MandiK:

Beautiful! I love saphires, my ring has small saphires in it.

Quoting VioletSpirit:

Best pic I can take with it on my hand.

Sapphire in center, surrounded by 12 tiny diamonds

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM
What does it what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeganECox
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I got mine from the pawn shop! its not about the size of the ring, or the amount it costs.. its the sentiment it hold. I picked mine out myself. :) I don't have a pic of it though & can't get one right now.. at the jewelers being sized! (my fingers got too fat!) 

p0pc0rn
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:39 AM

BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VioletSpirit
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, it is held together by 4 prongs, no glue. I'll give it a shot.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I scrub my ring when I'm in the bathtub with regular old soap and an old baby toothbrush. It's not the same as a pro cleaning job, but it works in the meantime and I was surprised at how bright it came out. Depending on your setting you could also use vinegar to clean it. If you think the stone is glued in I'd avoid doing that. (Lots of stones are glued in. If they don't have prongs they are likely glued in place unless it's set into the metal some other way, but if your setting looks more like it's framing the stone than holding it in place it's probably glued in> Your setting looks safe for vinegar since it's all prongy.)

Quoting VioletSpirit:

Thank you, my dh tried to find a lighter blue sapphire, but Jared's didn't carry one. I love it though, it was the thought that counts. I need to clean it, but I don't have the stuff to do it with.
Quoting MandiK:

Beautiful! I love saphires, my ring has small saphires in it.

Quoting VioletSpirit:

Best pic I can take with it on my hand.

Sapphire in center, surrounded by 12 tiny diamonds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uirisg
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I'm sure the feeling behind it makes it lovely.

My engagement ring was a plain white gold band and fit my thumb ... unfortunately i lost it...I'm still sad about it. I had read somewhere that in Medieval times women wore their engagement rings on there thumbs so i was okay that it was big. My SIL used to make ugly comments about it not being re-sized. And my first wedding ring was a pretty ring that had flowers and was only silver. But my husband surprised me the following year with the ring i have now and the following year i got him a ring that went with mine.

Quoting metalhealthmom:

Mine is just a plain gold band.

ShaniahsMama
by Asian persuasion on May. 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Meh. I got my ring from Kay and I'm oKay with that. (LOL!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay so I finally am able to get on my PC. Here is what the wedding set I want looks like. Its not traditional, not gold, doesn't match my engagement ring and I still love it. (plus it's pretty cheap)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Whoooo? Hint!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, I think another CMer has her beat. You can't ever miss her in the 'brag' post, I'm surprised she hasn't made an appearance in this post.....and no it's not MP.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lolol. I think at this point, it would be best if we all just agreed that Elyce has the best of everything, and more money than anyone else on Cafemom, and then maybe she'll STFU.

Quoting jonellg:

LOL true hahahahhahahaha this is too funny.

Quoting KeepJeep:

If you go back to earlier in this post someone commented that her ring looked dirty. Elyce commented back that it hadn't been cleaned in 2 years. Didn't she just post that she upgraded to a new diamond just this past year? I'm actually kind of bummed. I was starting to like Elyce. Now I see all of this. Sigh.

Quoting jonellg:

I've had my giggle for the day at this point it's just sad. Fake people are lame!! Especially when they cling to it after being BUSTED. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 3:28 AM
Post it!!!

Quoting jamieharper08:

I'm going to save you all the heartache and not post mine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured