Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You've got it right ladies!!!!! Fat is sexy and fabulous!!!!! Fat ACCEPTANCE!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
eastcoastmama11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM
A- these posts are lasting wayyy longer than the usual time for reoccurring cafe-topics.

B- the women in those photos are not fat. They are obese.. could be bordering on morbidly obese if not there already. They may be beautiful people on the inside, but they need to do something or they will die as a result of their weight and the health issues that come with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_2_jasper
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

• Being Fat is not the same as having a handicap, a person with a handicap has NO way to fix it, and if they could the majority would - fat people can change being fat. 
  • Fat people are not helpless vicitms of their size, fat does not accumulate overnight, there is plenty of time to be proactive and loose weight before becoming so obese that you cannot walk.
  • No one who is skinnier than you is jealous of you - contrary to what your friends tell you
  • Being fat DOES cause health issues
  • Why does every fat person think that the excuse of "genetics" is a sufficient reason for their fatness? Okay so genetically you got fat genes. That does not mean you can't loose weight! I genetically have fat genes too, but somehow I manage to stay healthy.
  • Just admit it, its not that you physically *can't* loose weight - you just find it too difficult and give up.
  • No one believes you eat a healthy diet full of fruits and veggies, and if you do you are prolly eating way too much and frying everything in butter or dipping it in ranch.
  •  Get real. We know you didn't get overweight and stay overweight eating good foods and exercising, denial isn't helping you. 
  • Yeah, yeah, I know - you are the exception, all these things magically happen to you because you have a mysterious medical condition where even if you were to literally starve yourself you would gain weight. Too bad scientists can use your magical genes to cure world hunger. 
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Nobody ever said I shouldn't lose weight. Including me. But my doctors do say I'm in perfect health.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I'm 5'5 and 132 lbs, I would feel completely unhealthy at your weight! unless your doctor told you are in great health and shouldn't loose weight.....

Quoting justinnaimee:

I never understand this response. I weigh 254 lbs and am 5'6". I wear size 18. Im fat. But im perfectly healthy. Looking at a picture usually can't tell you if a person is healthy or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unhealthy is not sexy, no matter what size you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM
4 moms liked this
I believe EVERYBODY should be accepted no matter their appearance. I mean, we accept everyone else... Why not fat people. Fat or skinny they're still the same person. People are people and all people have feelings and a heart. Why can't people be grown ups and stop acting like they're 10.
Junesmommy18
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I don't see one sexy picture in your post.

There's HUGE (no pun intended) difference between "plus sized", "chubby", or obese. Obesity, shown above in your pictures, is now where near sexy. Tyra, Jennifer Hudson, Marilyn Monroe are/were considered "plus sized" so some PS women are sexy. But no obese woman is sexy....
3isgreat
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I'm not huge but not skinny either.... But I would never put down someone heavier or be rude I'm trying to get more active for myself not anyone else .... Just because your thin naturally dissent mean your heathy plus look at all the runners... Basketball players and all that drop dead and there in good shape.so just because u look in shape dissent mean you are... There's heavier set people in better shape then the skinny Minnies that put them down lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I find that odd, because I am 5'9 and 190 pounds and my doctor says that I am overweight and need to lose weight to be in better health. There is NO way at that weight you are "in perfect health". 

Quoting justinnaimee:

Nobody ever said I shouldn't lose weight. Including me. But my doctors do say I'm in perfect health.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I'm 5'5 and 132 lbs, I would feel completely unhealthy at your weight! unless your doctor told you are in great health and shouldn't loose weight.....

Quoting justinnaimee:

I never understand this response. I weigh 254 lbs and am 5'6". I wear size 18. Im fat. But im perfectly healthy. Looking at a picture usually can't tell you if a person is healthy or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unhealthy is not sexy, no matter what size you are.

KittenKrump
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

are you on dA? If I'm not mistaken, one of the pictures you used are from someone I'm watching on dA. Anyhow, I agree with size acceptance, it is no one else's business what you do with yourself!! I don't walk up to people and snort in derision at them smoking. I don't walk into a bar and declare that everyone is disgusting and needs to put down their bottle so they need to leave me and my big belly alone!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM
100% agree

Quoting gum.drop:

Fat shouldn't be accepted.. It should still be addressed considering in most cases it is not healthy...

But a person should have the self confidence to love themself and feel attractive no matter what. That doesn't mean you don't strive for health.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured