Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what the hell kind of baby shower is this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
3 moms liked this

My sister threw me a baby shower last night. Nice thought but it was horrible. It started out okay. My mom and grandmother were there. They made food and got me some useful things (onesies, bottles, wipes, socks, and blankets) but they were the only ones that brought a gift. They left about an hour in. I didn't really mind that no one else, including my sister, didn't bring a gift. But, it was supposed to be NO GUYS invited other than my good friend Aaron, who is gay and may as well be a woman, and all sorts of people started showing up. Half way through the shower a guy shows up for my sister and they go back to her bedroom for an hour. I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. During that time another girl comes to drop off boxes since she just split up with her ex and needed a place to stash them. Then another guy shows up...why I have no clue. I didn't even know these people! So turns out my sister was MIA to smoke POT. My daughter was in the house!!!! As soon as I found out what was going on I left. Really? She couldn't wait until we left? Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower? How trashy!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liz.1986
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Wow, that would have upset me too.

1_hawt_mami
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Wow . Sorry all that happened during your baby shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

I was just baffled. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I mean thanks but why even have one if she was going to have people in and out and wanted to get high? I didn't even know she was doing that sort of thing anymore. She is a nurse...she could lose her license.

USCmomax4
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM
12 moms liked this
Wow, you need a redo. This baby shower sounds trashy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevensCare4u
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Id be pissed too & would have left. If she wanted to throw you a babyshower she should have set aside time in her day to have it & not have ever tom dick & harry come over. Thats supose to be a personal fun time for the mom to be. Not a pot fest free for all.

1_hawt_mami
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Yea that's crazy. My bils wife tried to ruin mine on purpose. She left off the date of the shower and the sex of the baby. Thank god for myspace back then lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1_hawt_mami:

I was just baffled. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I mean thanks but why even have one if she was going to have people in and out and wanted to get high? I didn't even know she was doing that sort of thing anymore. She is a nurse...she could lose her license.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DuchessTara
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Typically the host isn't expected to get a gift, since throwing the party is kinda' the gift (but it's nice if they do anyway.) But still, I don't blame you for being upset. I'm sorry it went that way!

kngarber
by Katie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Oh wow :/

I am sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Quoting USCmomax4:

Wow, you need a redo. This baby shower sounds trashy!

My coworkers are doing something for me as well. Nothing big but I'm sure it will be much more tasteful.

Lauren0305
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow that sucks it sounds like they just wanted to throw a party for themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)