Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what the hell kind of baby shower is this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister threw me a baby shower last night. Nice thought but it was horrible. It started out okay. My mom and grandmother were there. They made food and got me some useful things (onesies, bottles, wipes, socks, and blankets) but they were the only ones that brought a gift. They left about an hour in. I didn't really mind that no one else, including my sister, didn't bring a gift. But, it was supposed to be NO GUYS invited other than my good friend Aaron, who is gay and may as well be a woman, and all sorts of people started showing up. Half way through the shower a guy shows up for my sister and they go back to her bedroom for an hour. I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. During that time another girl comes to drop off boxes since she just split up with her ex and needed a place to stash them. Then another guy shows up...why I have no clue. I didn't even know these people! So turns out my sister was MIA to smoke POT. My daughter was in the house!!!! As soon as I found out what was going on I left. Really? She couldn't wait until we left? Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower? How trashy!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM
That sucks, I'm sorry. A baby shower is meant for gifts and a good time! Sad you didn't get either:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Ugh sorry mama. :( I got one shower between all 4 kids and it was my with my 3rd. Totally greatful, was very excited. Got there and realized it was all DH family and there friends, none of my family or friends were there. Apparently my MIL "forgot" to send those invites and then she showed up DRUNK! If that wasn't bad enough everyone else was talking shit about me and DH the whole shower. People suck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadesMum
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM
This is why I planned my own shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Yikes!  I am sorry all that happened.  How rude of them.  Hugs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Oh wow...I'm sorry!

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ugh sorry mama. :( I got one shower between all 4 kids and it was my with my 3rd. Totally greatful, was very excited. Got there and realized it was all DH family and there friends, none of my family or friends were there. Apparently my MIL "forgot" to send those invites and then she showed up DRUNK! If that wasn't bad enough everyone else was talking shit about me and DH the whole shower. People suck!

Saille717
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Tacky!  

It sounds like she was having a get together and decided to mix your shower into it.  If she wasn't really going to bother then she really shouldn't have bothered.  You could have had a nice family dinner with your mother and grandmother and they could have done little gifts then.  It would have been much more pleasant.  

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

lol wow

chloesmommy777
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Something doesn't add up with her behaviour... she's a nurse? Are you sure she's only doing pot (which, don't get me wrong, is more than enough...) and not some other substances. I love nurses, but I know they have easier access to addicting meds... and sometimes the temptation can get to some people.. I'm just wondering.

RhondaVeggie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM
How come you are having the baby shower after your daughter was born? Usually people just had a welcome baby party in those situations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured