Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what the hell kind of baby shower is this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister threw me a baby shower last night. Nice thought but it was horrible. It started out okay. My mom and grandmother were there. They made food and got me some useful things (onesies, bottles, wipes, socks, and blankets) but they were the only ones that brought a gift. They left about an hour in. I didn't really mind that no one else, including my sister, didn't bring a gift. But, it was supposed to be NO GUYS invited other than my good friend Aaron, who is gay and may as well be a woman, and all sorts of people started showing up. Half way through the shower a guy shows up for my sister and they go back to her bedroom for an hour. I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. During that time another girl comes to drop off boxes since she just split up with her ex and needed a place to stash them. Then another guy shows up...why I have no clue. I didn't even know these people! So turns out my sister was MIA to smoke POT. My daughter was in the house!!!! As soon as I found out what was going on I left. Really? She couldn't wait until we left? Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower? How trashy!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
marinenonstop
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM

The trolls are in full bloom today.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower?"

If you have nothing against pot why can't your daughter be around it and even have some?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No shit Sherlock! It was sarcasm. All these tokers scream its okay, it's natural, boast they did it but for some damn reason it's not okay nor natural enough for their kids to have some. 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

"Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower?"

If you have nothing against pot why can't your daughter be around it and even have some?

marinenonstop
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

LMAO with all the trolls out today I thought you were saying it seriously.. lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

No shit Sherlock! It was sarcasm. All these tokers scream its okay, it's natural, boast they did it but for some damn reason it's not okay nor natural enough for their kids to have some. 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
That was a stretch for sarcasm, also this lady said she does not smoke pot anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM

She did say that but she put in there exactly what I quoted. Maybe it was a CYA to prevent the tokers from getting inflamed but I just SMH at the absurdity of anyone who can say I have nothing against pot. It usually leads to all the things great about it but somehow it's greatness is lost when you mention giving it to their kid. 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That was a stretch for sarcasm, also this lady said she does not smoke pot anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Oh and for the record not everyone who smokes/smoked was all hippy dippy... 15 years ago my ass just liked to get high.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM

It's okay. I saw the other quote and wasn't sure if you were speaking about me or agreeing and speaking about OP. I see my dry humor was missed by Nate too. Guess I'm off my game. I'm not normally this way but I'm being led to just stick it out there more and more. 

Quoting marinenonstop:

LMAO with all the trolls out today I thought you were saying it seriously.. lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Yes I agree there are a ton of idiots out there... But it was a bit presumptuous.

Quoting Anonymous:

She did say that but she put in there exactly what I quoted. Maybe it was a CYA to prevent the tokers from getting inflamed but I just SMH at the absurdity of anyone who can say I have nothing against pot. It usually leads to all the things great about it but somehow it's greatness is lost when you mention giving it to their kid. 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staciababy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

You poor thing, thta's awful!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Ya--that does NOT sound cool at all!!!! I remember the STRANGEST baby shower I went to, was for a friend of mine. The announcements were for women and you could bring your SO/DH WHATEVER--your children. What REALLY PISSED me off though, was they had 2 KEGS of BEER and NO soda pop or ANYTHING for those of us who DO NOT DRINK!!!!! I was like--WTH????? The ONLY reason the guys showed up, was for FREE BEER of course!!! They were ALL getting drunk and acting like IDIOTS!!! Some of them almost fell onto the baby gifts!!!! Needless to say, I didn't stay super long. I CANNOT STAND being around a bunch of drunk ppl acting like IDIOTS and they were DEFINATELY acting like IDIOTS!!! BLEH!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)