Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't want to sound ungrateful but what the hell kind of baby shower is this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister threw me a baby shower last night. Nice thought but it was horrible. It started out okay. My mom and grandmother were there. They made food and got me some useful things (onesies, bottles, wipes, socks, and blankets) but they were the only ones that brought a gift. They left about an hour in. I didn't really mind that no one else, including my sister, didn't bring a gift. But, it was supposed to be NO GUYS invited other than my good friend Aaron, who is gay and may as well be a woman, and all sorts of people started showing up. Half way through the shower a guy shows up for my sister and they go back to her bedroom for an hour. I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. During that time another girl comes to drop off boxes since she just split up with her ex and needed a place to stash them. Then another guy shows up...why I have no clue. I didn't even know these people! So turns out my sister was MIA to smoke POT. My daughter was in the house!!!! As soon as I found out what was going on I left. Really? She couldn't wait until we left? Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower? How trashy!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Replies (51-60):
StevensCare4u
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I think she ment it was her other DD. Like a toddler or something.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

How come you are having the baby shower after your daughter was born? Usually people just had a welcome baby party in those situations.

baby
crissysworld
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

That is just wrong. You could always have a celebration bbq after the baby is born since your sister had a messed up one for you.

mamadrama15
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Goodness that stinks. Sorry to hear that. If I were you I'd talk to her about how you didn't appreciate her doing that with your lil one around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Does the baby have a different dad? Maybe thats why she wants another shower
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I have nothing against people who want to smoke it. But it is illegal and possession could be grounds to have my daughter removed from my custody. Not even going to risk it. My daughter is 5, I certaintly don't want her to have some.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower?"

If you have nothing against pot why can't your daughter be around it and even have some?

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Wow that's awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Yes, different father. Plus, my dd is 5 (almost 6) and I have already gotten rid of all my baby stuff and I am having a boy this time around. I never asked for anyone to throw me a shower though. She wanted to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does the baby have a different dad? Maybe thats why she wants another shower

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No shit Sherlock! It was sarcasm. All these tokers scream its okay, it's natural, boast they did it but for some damn reason it's not okay nor natural enough for their kids to have some. 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

That's dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

"Now, I have nothing against pot...I used to smoke it way back before I became a mother but I don't want my daughter around it and really at a baby shower?"

If you have nothing against pot why can't your daughter be around it and even have some?

I have drank alcohol and had sex as well.....doesn't mean I want my 5 year old doing the same. Some things are meant for adults only. I was 21 the first time I tried pot. I haven't touched it since 6 months before I conceived my dd. I won't touch it because it is illegal and I won't risk it.

sammywantsababy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

omg that's a sin....I feel so bad for you. :( If it makes you feel any better I never got to have a real baby shower b/c I'm Jewish and Jewish people don't have them b/c its kind of a superstition. My work (I was a teacher before having my son) threw me a surprise one which was sooo nice, but I never got the full blown shower. I feel like in your case it would have been better for them to do nothing at all then to do what they did...and p.s. who goes to a baby shower and DOESN'T BRING A GIFT?!?!?

tifbrown
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Wow! I am so sorry to hear it went so crappy. I'll throw you a new shower :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)