Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Afraid of loosing my daughter

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm afraid of loosing my two year old to her dad. I feel like i'm backed in a corner and can't get out. He came and told me yesterday there's nothing I can do about him keeping her later than the court order says. I know there is something that can be done but everytime I say something to him about having her home on time he gets mad and says the judge won't say anything I told u there's nothing the courts can do and if u say something i'm gonna take her from u.

I have a feeling he's gonna try and take her anyway I have no money for a lawyer (he's already gone through legal aid) because i'm on a fixed income.

I don't wanna loose my daughter to him. I love her too much to loose her.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (51-60):
taina361
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:20 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Thank you

Quoting taina361:

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 4:34 AM
I'm going to try and get a lawyer first because I know nothing about the legal system

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I would take him to court. If you don't then you're just letting him walk all over you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's all court ordered

Quoting Anonymous:

Then is when he returns her not court ordered? You need to stick to the rules and not let him step all over you.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's court ordered I have no choice I don't wanna risk losing her permanently to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't let him take her. If he doesn't have to return her on time then you shouldn't have to send her with him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Good luck and fight for your dd. Do not allow him to take her away. Fight by any means necessary

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to a social worker...he or she can point you in the direction for reduced cost or free legal assistance

motheroprincess
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I dont know what state you are in, but in my state we have a pro-bono program. These are lawyers who are retired or work for special law firms that do cases for free. Sometimes you can have them try your case for you or help you fill out the nessesary court forms. Google it. I'm going through something similar with my ex. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I'm in michigan I've been gooling my butt of for two years whats the name of the program?

Quoting motheroprincess:

I dont know what state you are in, but in my state we have a pro-bono program. These are lawyers who are retired or work for special law firms that do cases for free. Sometimes you can have them try your case for you or help you fill out the nessesary court forms. Google it. I'm going through something similar with my ex. 

MrsWilmot
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM
He has to follow the court order or he is in contempt. Call your local police dept next time he brings her home late. I would think you may be able to get a restraining order and supervised visitation of he is threatening to take off with her. Best wishes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Thank you

Quoting MrsWilmot:

He has to follow the court order or he is in contempt. Call your local police dept next time he brings her home late. I would think you may be able to get a restraining order and supervised visitation of he is threatening to take off with her. Best wishes!

PurpleGlitter84
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Get her back and do not hand her over again until you go to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Fuck that. I grew her in my stomach, i gave birth to her, im a good mom and raise my child well, NO ONE WILL TAKE HER FROM ME. OP, I say this with respect...GROW A BACKBONE AND QUIT BEING SO MEEK! That is your child, no one can take her from you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)