Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever came close to getting robbed? Or robbed at gunpoint?

Posted by   + Show Post
I live in Macon, GA which is the 3rd highest crime area in the country (last I checked). One year me and a friend were onour way to do Christmas shopping and stopped for gas. This dude walked up (looked like the typical college kid) and said that he was from Athens and him and his pregnant girlfriend ran out of gas and was wondering if I could help him out. I'm not dumb enough to pull out all my cash at night in front of someone so I asked my friend to give me 5. I handed him the 5 and he got all loud and came at me like "u don't have a 50?" I started screaming at him to get the fuck away from me so that everyone was looking at us and he ran off. Now when someone asks me for money at night it's always a no. I don't care what their story is. Anyone have a scary story to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

OMG im so sorry Ang :(

Quoting angie729:

My son was beat and robbed last week for his cell phone. We live in a decent neighborhood too. The boy is in jail on felony robbery charges.

greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM
That's some scary shit. My hubby works night shift and I was asleep and woke up to someone rambling around in my bedroom. I just closed my eyes and started praying cause I was really scared. Then the guy walked over to my bed and I realized it was DH. I was like WTF u scared the crap out of me!

Quoting chickensmommy:

My apartment was broken into while I was there. The guy tried to assault me but I managed to get away. All he stole was my purse. I was 19 and living in Detroit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Me either. The situation is scary but if u add a gun...I'd probably crap my pants.

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

I was robbed, but there was no violence.  It was during the day, when I worked at a convenience store.  He came in, I looked at him, he looked at me, he nodded, as to say hello.  I looked away for a moment, and he grabbed a display of watches on the counter.  That's when I got scared, but he ran off.  Thank goodness it was nothing more.  I can't imagine being held a gun point.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TashaB82
by Tootie on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I have a story.. It didnt happen to me, but to my ex, right outside out apt at the time. He was coming home late one night with us some food. He got out of the truck and three guys that were hiding behind a tree pulled guns on him and made him lay down on the ground. They took his wallet. He come banging on the door like a wildman and the fear I saw in him was just horrifying. This man is almost 300 lbs 6'3 and he was scared. Fear turned into anger when he realized he knew the guys. All three of them. He jumped into his truck while im on the phone with the cops. He come right back, cops came, they found the guys on the next street over. They are now serving 10 years. it didnt happen to me but i later realized that i had walked to my truck right before he had got there to get some paperwork out. They could have gotten me. They didnt though, cause they knew he had the money on him. absolutely the scariest thing ever!!

greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Were u terrified? Did u stay calm?

Quoting MommyBoha:

I got robbed at gunpoint on Christmas eve years ago when I worked at Arbys

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MSmama_x3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I had my purse snatched when I was 7 months pregnant with my first baby, he had a gun and I was in Memphis.. Scared me to death.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I was robbed at gunpoint in college.

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM
When the guy came in my room and I realized it wasn't my friend I started screaming like a banshee and ended up running down 4 flights of stairs screaming the whole way

Quoting greenmommie83:

That's some scary shit. My hubby works night shift and I was asleep and woke up to someone rambling around in my bedroom. I just closed my eyes and started praying cause I was really scared. Then the guy walked over to my bed and I realized it was DH. I was like WTF u scared the crap out of me!

Quoting chickensmommy:

My apartment was broken into while I was there. The guy tried to assault me but I managed to get away. All he stole was my purse. I was 19 and living in Detroit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Some kids kicked my door open on Halloween night. I thought I was gonna have a friggin miscarriage. My nerves were shot bc my first thought was home invasion. I was sittin on the sofa waiting on someone to walk in with a gun. That feeling is awful, I couldn't stop shaking for hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM
You got lucky!!! I hate going outside at night.

Quoting TashaB82:

I have a story.. It didnt happen to me, but to my ex, right outside out apt at the time. He was coming home late one night with us some food. He got out of the truck and three guys that were hiding behind a tree pulled guns on him and made him lay down on the ground. They took his wallet. He come banging on the door like a wildman and the fear I saw in him was just horrifying. This man is almost 300 lbs 6'3 and he was scared. Fear turned into anger when he realized he knew the guys. All three of them. He jumped into his truck while im on the phone with the cops. He come right back, cops came, they found the guys on the next street over. They are now serving 10 years. it didnt happen to me but i later realized that i had walked to my truck right before he had got there to get some paperwork out. They could have gotten me. They didnt though, cause they knew he had the money on him. absolutely the scariest thing ever!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)