Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever came close to getting robbed? Or robbed at gunpoint?

Posted by   + Show Post
I live in Macon, GA which is the 3rd highest crime area in the country (last I checked). One year me and a friend were onour way to do Christmas shopping and stopped for gas. This dude walked up (looked like the typical college kid) and said that he was from Athens and him and his pregnant girlfriend ran out of gas and was wondering if I could help him out. I'm not dumb enough to pull out all my cash at night in front of someone so I asked my friend to give me 5. I handed him the 5 and he got all loud and came at me like "u don't have a 50?" I started screaming at him to get the fuck away from me so that everyone was looking at us and he ran off. Now when someone asks me for money at night it's always a no. I don't care what their story is. Anyone have a scary story to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I was robbed at knife point with my 1 year old son last year. I also knew better then to have all my money in one spot, so gave the guy the $60 I had "out". He asked if I was hiding anymore, cause I pulled it out for him real fast. Nope just wanting to comply, you have a knife! Then he asked if I wanted my baby to watch me die slowly. Yup, I gave him the other money I had hidden, he took my cell phone and that was that. Fucking terrifying. I'm just glad my son didn't see anything like what I was threatened, and I got away with my life and baby. As well as having amazing roommates who helped with my bills/food for the month, as I was on my way to pay rent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymanben
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM
My friend was robbed one day for his wallet. As he went to grab it... 5 guys beat him so bad he was flown to Harborview. He had to have 3 metal plates placed in his skull.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM
My sister got attacked by 3 russians a few weeks back. I guess they got tired of her fighting back and ran off. (I don't know if this is true, she lives in germany).

About two months ago right before we moved, we came home from work and the porch door was open and paper was all over our floor, nothing turned up missing though, I think the dog scared them off and the wind blew papers around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommie83
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM
That was sweet that he hid you. I know u were scared to death!

Quoting shivasgirl:

when I was 18 and working my first pharmacy job, we were robbed at gunpoint. The pharmacist saw them coming and pulled our huge trash can out from under our counter and shoved me in the hole and put the trash can back in front of me. They took all our controld and had other guys stealing all the electronics from the front,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vibrant.Heart
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I did night audit at a hotel. It was only me, so when I got a call from a room because the smoke detector kept beeping at 3 in the morning, I went up to fix it. Leaving the front desk unattended. I came back, and a kid had gotten into my purse and grabbed my cash and my knife. He was attempting to open the cash drawer. I got the money back after the dummy gave my knife back to me. I was lucky, it could have been very bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I was driving to visit my friend in college, taking back roads. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and get a drink. When I came out 2 guys tried were talking about throwing me in their van. One started to move toward me and I beat the hell out of him with my soda can (it wasn't open yet). After I broke his nose and fingers and he was laying on the ground, his friend took off. The cashier called the cops. They had a hard time believing a 100lb girl did all that lol. As cheesy as it sounds, I had watched an Oprah the week before where they were talking about how you can't let someone take you to a second location. I was not getting in that van, if they had to kill me at the gas station.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
That's scary.. glad you and your son are ok.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

I was robbed at knife point with my 1 year old son last year. I also knew better then to have all my money in one spot, so gave the guy the $60 I had "out". He asked if I was hiding anymore, cause I pulled it out for him real fast. Nope just wanting to comply, you have a knife! Then he asked if I wanted my baby to watch me die slowly. Yup, I gave him the other money I had hidden, he took my cell phone and that was that. Fucking terrifying. I'm just glad my son didn't see anything like what I was threatened, and I got away with my life and baby. As well as having amazing roommates who helped with my bills/food for the month, as I was on my way to pay rent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I was almost pick pocketed by a little old lady in Spain. I caught her & she cussed me out in Spanish.

As a teen, I was babysitting & the house was broken into. The kids were asleep and I was lying with my head near the floor watching tv. I heard voiced in the basement! The cops took over 30 minutes to get there but stayed on the line with me. The people were gone by the time the cops got there. Scared me & the kids parents to death though' I kept baby sitting for them for many years :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM
omg I've only read the first page but these stories are so scary! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I was shaking like crazy on the inside. Somehow I stayed calm and just gave him the money

Quoting greenmommie83:

Were u terrified? Did u stay calm?

Quoting MommyBoha:

I got robbed at gunpoint on Christmas eve years ago when I worked at Arbys

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)