Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever came close to getting robbed? Or robbed at gunpoint?

Posted by   + Show Post
I live in Macon, GA which is the 3rd highest crime area in the country (last I checked). One year me and a friend were onour way to do Christmas shopping and stopped for gas. This dude walked up (looked like the typical college kid) and said that he was from Athens and him and his pregnant girlfriend ran out of gas and was wondering if I could help him out. I'm not dumb enough to pull out all my cash at night in front of someone so I asked my friend to give me 5. I handed him the 5 and he got all loud and came at me like "u don't have a 50?" I started screaming at him to get the fuck away from me so that everyone was looking at us and he ran off. Now when someone asks me for money at night it's always a no. I don't care what their story is. Anyone have a scary story to share?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
greenmommie83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I've camehome to my door open before but nothing was missing. That was scary...

Quoting Dinimon:

My sister got attacked by 3 russians a few weeks back. I guess they got tired of her fighting back and ran off. (I don't know if this is true, she lives in germany).

About two months ago right before we moved, we came home from work and the porch door was open and paper was all over our floor, nothing turned up missing though, I think the dog scared them off and the wind blew papers around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MSmama_x3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Going into a gas station in Memphis! We moved away after our son was born!

Quoting greenmommie83:

Where were u? Were u just shopping?

Quoting MSmama_x3:

I had my purse snatched when I was 7 months pregnant with my first baby, he had a gun and I was in Memphis.. Scared me to death.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I was robbed at gunpoint when I was 17. They took my car, all my gold
and my brand new Nike's...I had nightmares for weeks.
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I'm terrified to begin with to go anywhere with money, large amounts especially. And I was 3 minutes from the debit machine to my roommates house. Naturally (learnt from my mom) to hide money in different places. Plus when I called 911 from my friends place, I was told by the cop there was a lot of people reporting knife robberies.
My good friend was one, and him and his BIL beat the shit out of the guy. More so when they found my phone on him. Kinda feel bad for the guy lol.

Quoting greenmommie83:

I would havehanded it over too. In Macon, u will get shot for being broke.

Quoting Twix.Leigh:

I was robbed at knife point with my 1 year old son last year. I also knew better then to have all my money in one spot, so gave the guy the $60 I had "out". He asked if I was hiding anymore, cause I pulled it out for him real fast. Nope just wanting to comply, you have a knife! Then he asked if I wanted my baby to watch me die slowly. Yup, I gave him the other money I had hidden, he took my cell phone and that was that. Fucking terrifying. I'm just glad my son didn't see anything like what I was threatened, and I got away with my life and baby. As well as having amazing roommates who helped with my bills/food for the month, as I was on my way to pay rent.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommie83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
How did u get your knife back?

Quoting Vibrant.Heart:

I did night audit at a hotel. It was only me, so when I got a call from a room because the smoke detector kept beeping at 3 in the morning, I went up to fix it. Leaving the front desk unattended. I came back, and a kid had gotten into my purse and grabbed my cash and my knife. He was attempting to open the cash drawer. I got the money back after the dummy gave my knife back to me. I was lucky, it could have been very bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Yes severl times, 9 mo pregnant with my oldest I was robbed and beaten with a chair and computer monitor and unconscious till another customer came in and found me and called 911.

3 Weeks ago I was held at gunpoint
greenmommie83
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Yeah they would have tokill me there too.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I was driving to visit my friend in college, taking back roads. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and get a drink. When I came out 2 guys tried were talking about throwing me in their van. One started to move toward me and I beat the hell out of him with my soda can (it wasn't open yet). After I broke his nose and fingers and he was laying on the ground, his friend took off. The cashier called the cops. They had a hard time believing a 100lb girl did all that lol. As cheesy as it sounds, I had watched an Oprah the week before where they were talking about how you can't let someone take you to a second location. I was not getting in that van, if they had to kill me at the gas station.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

No, but a man broke into my house and went straight to my bedroom (presumably to rape me). He left in a body bag. Good thing, too. Turns out he had been stalking me and another woman for months.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
It is! DH made DD and me wait outside with a knife while he checked the house and then he set the dog loose to see if he would find something before we could go inside.

Quoting greenmommie83:

I've camehome to my door open before but nothing was missing. That was scary...

Quoting Dinimon:

My sister got attacked by 3 russians a few weeks back. I guess they got tired of her fighting back and ran off. (I don't know if this is true, she lives in germany).

About two months ago right before we moved, we came home from work and the porch door was open and paper was all over our floor, nothing turned up missing though, I think the dog scared them off and the wind blew papers around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ylime03us
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM
My mom who is handicap was going inside the bank to pay rent and they stole 1500 from her. They almost got kicked out of there apartment because they got behind in there rent. They never did catch the guys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)