Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wear a ring that was your dh's ex fiance's?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If she left it behind and that was all he had(and she wasn't in his life anymore). Would you wear that ring or none at all? Would you expect a ring if you didn't want that one?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (91-100):
juliette12
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
no
ZsMommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Oh hail no!!!!!!

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Hell no

MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

No, If he could get her one then he should be able to get me one, if not I would rather buy a cheap wedding band then wear another women's ring

myneondreamz
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
You don't have to get married to be in love .... I'm not suggesting anyone split up or anything ... engagment and marraige should be taken more seriously from a financial stand point. When you get married he will responsible for you and you kid(s) (I don't mean YOU necessarily just an example) financially as well as the emotional and other stuff. I am 23 and divorced largely due to financial instability - both my ex and I are to bame but it's generally better to get started off on the right foot.

Quoting smilesmile:

I don't think being inlove and wanting to be together should be put off just because they can't afford a ring.... IMO.

Quoting myneondreamz:

If he can't buy a ring why not hold off on getting engaged?

Quoting smilesmile:

Or just explain to you that he can't afford one right now and you both can decide on what you want to do?

Quoting jonellg:

no but he could trade it in, or make something for me out of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting nerdymom28:

No effing way. That ring would symbolize their relationship, not ours. He could always trade it in for a different ring.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Nope, trade it in and get me another one. I will even take a simple band with no diamond before a ring from his ex!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

No I would not. If he were to want to get me a ring, then yes it would have to be a different one, and he could use that ring to help pay for the new one. 

hollydaze1974
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM
get that baby to a pawn shop and trade!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured