Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quit getting animals!!!!!!!! Vent.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I am a full time nanny for a family and when I first started they had a dog and a cat. Soon afterwards I ended up with animal care. I had to feed the dog and the cat because if I didn't they wouldn't get fed......they still go the entire weekend without food. Well the lab does, the cat is ok. The lab inhales his food everyday.

Since I've started they added three beta fish two goldfish and two frogs......all that I end up taking care of otherwise the animals are neglected.

The beta and goldfish all died and I'm not sure how, the goldfish only lasted a few days. I think they were sick. The betas all lasted about 6 months. One of the frogs got sick and died.

The other frog was starved to death. I had no clue, i came in one day and noticed the frog was gone and assumed it had died. A month later the mom made a comment to me that the frog had just died, that she didn't thnk it could survive that long without food. She left it hidden behind a shelf to die of starvation.

I came in today and there are now FOUR of those same frogs and a hamster. How long before the novelty wears off???????

I'm fucking tired of being the only one responsible for the damned animals at their house. Now I have a dog a cat FOUR damn frogs and a damn hamster to take care of on top of my two cats at my house.

I could fucking scream right now.

I told mom not to get a damned hamster. I have told her tat every single fucking time she's brought it up in the last four years not to get a fucking hamster. I don't want to deal with a damned hamster on top of everything else I have to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM
What a damn shame...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Call the humane society and have them rescued. That's animal cruelty.
Mare1180
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quoting wkukid:

Call the humane society and have them rescued. That's animal cruelty.

They would just go out and get more....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Omg
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Why did she starve the frog then get 4 more?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

um...you are the NANNY. 

you cant TELL them to do anything. they tell YOU. 

if you dont like it, find another job. 

TurtleSquish
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

ask for a raise. how irresponsible are these people? living things are living, no matter how small or insignificant they seem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Quoting nerdymom28:

What a damn shame...

All I can do is shake my head and deal with 5 more animals on top of the two kids and the house I have to clean. I wanna scream and a raise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Quoting masonsmommy107:

Why did she starve the frog then get 4 more?

I don't know!!!!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)