Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If the police show up... edit.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
At your door and say they have a warrant but refuse to show you it. Can you refuse to open your door?

Edit.

So hubs is gonna like this. I was wrong. Lol. Thank you for the info. Now, I can't wait to hear the next wake up discussion from him. I really wish I could replay his dreams. Last week it was about processed meats.

Thank you again. I am really glad I asked bc now, I know better.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Peephole. From there, you go out on your porch and read it, make sure you understand the parameters, THEN you let them in and watch them like hawks that they ONLY search what they are allowed to.

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

How can they show you the warrant if you don't open the door?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2.b.con.10.Ud
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

LOL, if they refuse to show you, in that case, then no, you don't have to open the door.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well in my case. We have all glass doors. So I just need to move the curtain. But I'm bringing this point up to dh. Ty!

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

2.b.con.10.Ud
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a peephole.  LOL!

Quoting louzannalady:

Peephole. From there, you go out on your pirch and read it, make sure you understand the parameters, THEN you let them in and watch them like hawks that they ONLY search what they are allowed to.

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
They legally have to show you the warrant or you can refuse them entry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymommy915
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yup
dorky.chrissy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

They absolutely 100% have to show you the warrent, if they don't show you the warrent they don't have one, they have to have it in hand for you to see ,  they donot have to give you time to read it, however as a parent, or citizen you shouldn't have anything to hide from the police in your house...  (i was a law student sorry lol) But yes they do have to supply the warrent for it to be fully executed. 

dorky.chrissy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

however if your nto home or not answering the door they have the right to kick your door down or break in to your home as well. 

Mrs.Miller11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting lynnd4:

Call 911 and see if police have been dispatched. I wouldn't open the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM
In my state its different. They just have to leave a receipt of what they take. They don't have to show you anything, especially if there is info in the warrant on confidential informants.

Quoting dorky.chrissy:

They absolutely 100% have to show you the warrent, if they don't show you the warrent they don't have one, they have to have it in hand for you to see ,  they donot have to give you time to read it, however as a parent, or citizen you shouldn't have anything to hide from the police in your house...  (i was a law student sorry lol) But yes they do have to supply the warrent for it to be fully executed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN